cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I remember how you got a chi-Ching sound on your phone when you had a sale.

I remember how you got a chi-Ching sound on your phone when you had a sale. Is that still available?  Where do I download it? Thanks

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: I remember how you got a chi-Ching sound on your phone when you had a sale.

@creativegifts4you wrote:

I remember how you got a chi-Ching sound on your phone when you had a sale. Is that still available?  Where do I download it? Thanks

It's in the app on your phone.  If you lost the ka-ching, just delete and re-install the app.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
#NoKing
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Is that just for the iPhone app? I could never get the chi-ching sound on Android app 🙁

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I got a new phone and cannot find the app on it thx for the help though

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Personally I wish there was a way to turn sounds OFF in the app. I really hate getting wierd looks from fellow shoppers at thrift stores when the cha ching goes off or when you are scanning barcodes and it makes that chime sound on EVERY barcode. I have to turn the sound off on my phone (which I always forget to do). Wish there was an option for sounds inside the eBay app itself.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Yes it's in the Android app as well, although it has to be a new install. It's never lasted long for me. I like the notification but don't want to reinstall some app all the time.

No, they won't fix it.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I stopped getting the Chi-Ching sound on my phone and mentioned it to my niece who is also a seller. She knows that I always use my computer for ebay business and she told me to log on to ebay on my phone and see if it comes back.  I did and it did !  Now every few weeks I access ebay from my phone and the sound hasn't gone away again.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I get the noise on my Android based pad. It's a default that I don't know how to switch off.  My pad is sometimes left in the bedroom at night. After the first time the cash register went off at 3:00 in the morning I now longer bring the pad in the bedroom.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@byrd69er wrote:

I get the noise on my Android based pad. It's a default that I don't know how to switch off.  My pad is sometimes left in the bedroom at night. After the first time the cash register went off at 3:00 in the morning I now longer bring the pad in the bedroom.

Just turn off the notification itself - it's a toggle in the eBay app. On my phone it's under 'notifications.'

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
#NoKing
Message 9 of 9
latest reply