cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How the heck do you bulk edit handing time now??

There is no option to bulk edit handling time, only to edit shipping and /or business policies, which I do not use.  Is that not possible anymore?

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 1 of 21
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Wife's account had "selling policies". Mine never did. I found the selling policies to sometimes be useful, but at other times to be annoying.

What happens if I want to opt out of business policies?

You can opt out any time by selecting the Opt out link on the Manage business policies page - opens in new window or tab. Your active listings won't be affected, but if you want to make changes to payment, shipping, and return terms, you'll need to do that individually on each future listing. You can also opt back in to business policies at any time; the policies you already created will still be there, ready for you to use again.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

@southern*sweet*tea  I can't get a screen shot but it's there, under 'delivery' - just scroll down a bit.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 21
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

@southern*sweet*tea  I can't get a screen shot but it's there, under 'delivery' - just scroll down a bit.

The only thing I have under delivery is to edit package details or shipping policy.  If I click shipping policy it takes me to the screen to edit shipping, payment, or return policy.  Nowhere in the shipping policy edit is anything about handling time, only a bunch of shipping policies I didn't  create myself.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 21
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea  Oh man, I'm no help, then - had you had business policies previously but not now so you have some kind of sticky reference to them?  I've never had them so don't see anything pertaining to them.  Hopefully someone can help you out.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 4 of 21
latest reply

@chapeau-noir 

I've never had business or shipping policies, no need for them.  ::sigh::  It's always something...🙄

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

I do not use "shipping policies".

"Shipping policies" can be opted out of.

When not using "shipping policies" you can bulk edit your handling time with ease.

Message 6 of 21
latest reply

Wife's account had "selling policies". Mine never did. I found the selling policies to sometimes be useful, but at other times to be annoying.

You can opt out any time by selecting the Opt out link on the Manage business policies page - opens in new window or tab. Your active listings won't be affected, but if you want to make changes to payment, shipping, and return terms, you'll need to do that individually on each future listing. You can also opt back in to business policies at any time; the policies you already created will still be there, ready for you to use again.

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

YES!   Thank you so much, that worked!  Not sure how I got enrolled in business policies, but now they're gone and I edited my handling time easily.

Thank you!!  😊

Message 8 of 21
latest reply

Seller hub > Listings > Active > Edit/Edit all listings > (Wait for listings to load) > Bulk edit > Handling time

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 9 of 21
latest reply

Since @southern*sweet*tea's issue is resolved I'm going to hijack this thread. 😁

Hey devon@ebay kyle@ebay elizabeth@ebay. Got a question for you guys.

Every week we're helping numerous posters with business policies - some opt out and some stick with them - but in every situation the buyer has been enrolled in biz policies by eBay unbeknownst to them.  This started last year (around the time bulk numbers were switched over to the new listing tools) and the number of reports are increasing rapidly. Sellers are not alerted to this change and only discover it when they create a listing and the shipping section looks unfamiliar to them like with the OP here.

So my question is: will business policies become required at some point - is that why eBay keeps enrolling sellers without their consent? Will this be something upcoming in the Spring Seller Update? If the answer to that is no, then why does eBay keep enrolling sellers?

It's gotten to the point where nearly every poster that comes here unable to figure out how to add or change a shipping option has been enrolled in business policies and most of them don't even know what biz policies are.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 10 of 21
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

There is no option to bulk edit handling time, only to edit shipping and /or business policies, which I do not use.  Is that not possible anymore?

Does this help? 

In seller hub, click on business policies on left.

Go to create policy.

Go to handling time and choose time.

1.png2.png3.png

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Oh gawd, I hope they don't require those policies.  I certainly don't want or need them. Why complicate something that should be simple.  I have simple needs.  Those that want or need the policies should certainly be able to use them, but those of us that don't need them, well we just don't need them.

Message 12 of 21
latest reply

Oh gawd, I hope they don't require those policies.  I certainly don't want or need them. Why complicate something that should be simple.  I have simple needs.  Those that want or need the policies should certainly be able to use them, but those of us that don't need them, well we just don't need them.

I agree with you. I personally love biz policies and they're a huge time saver for me, but I completely understand how other sellers wouldn't - seasoned sellers yes, but especially newer sellers that are confused with shipping to begin with.

My one beef (and it's a big one) with biz policies is that handling time is integrated into every single policy. Handling time really needs to be separated out into its own policy for quick and easy bulk editing.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 13 of 21
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

YES!   Thank you so much, that worked!  Not sure how I got enrolled in business policies, but now they're gone and I edited my handling time easily.

Thank you!!  😊

@southern*sweet*tea  I wondered if it was something like that - but didn't expect some kind of stealth enrolment. 

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Since @southern*sweet*tea's issue is resolved I'm going to hijack this thread. 😁

Hey devon@ebay kyle@ebay elizabeth@ebay. Got a question for you guys.

Every week we're helping numerous posters with business policies - some opt out and some stick with them - but in every situation the buyer has been enrolled in biz policies by eBay unbeknownst to them.  This started last year (around the time bulk numbers were switched over to the new listing tools) and the number of reports are increasing rapidly. Sellers are not alerted to this change and only discover it when they create a listing and the shipping section looks unfamiliar to them like with the OP here.

So my question is: will business policies become required at some point - is that why eBay keeps enrolling sellers without their consent? Will this be something upcoming in the Spring Seller Update? If the answer to that is no, then why does eBay keep enrolling sellers?

It's gotten to the point where nearly every poster that comes here unable to figure out how to add or change a shipping option has been enrolled in business policies and most of them don't even know what biz policies are.

Hey @wastingtime101 we're not aware of any plans to make business policies required for all sellers.  I'll be sure to pass along the feedback that we do not want it to be mandatory.  

Kyle,
eBay
Message 15 of 21
latest reply