cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does a defect stay?

I’ve read some posts on this but they were all from the past years. Is it still 12 months or has it changed? 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: How long does a defect stay?

12 months

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

@eye_of_the_tiger wrote:

I’ve read some posts on this but they were all from the past years. Is it still 12 months or has it changed? 

1 year from the date the defect was received.  It then rolls off.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

@eye_of_the_tiger wrote:

1 year from the date the defect was received.  It then rolls off.

That's not always true.

Neutral and Negative feedback roll off after a year. But my defects (if any) for things like out of stocks, unresolved cases, late deliveries and returns roll off after 3 months.

HOWEVER I seem to recall reading that whether it is a year or 3 months depends on how many transactions you have had. But I am not sure where the break point is.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@richard1rst wrote: ... my defects (if any) for things like out of stocks, unresolved cases, late deliveries and returns roll off after 3 months.

HOWEVER I seem to recall reading that whether it is a year or 3 months depends on how many transactions you have had. But I am not sure where the break point is.

"Sellers with 400 or more transactions over the past 3 months are evaluated based on the past 3 months and sellers with fewer than 400 transactions are evaluated based on the past 12 months."

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy?id=4347#section2

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

How often does eBay calculate these metrics?

Service metrics are evaluated on the 20th of each month.

• Sellers with 400 or more transactions during the last 3 months: You're evaluated on your transactions during the previous 3-month period
  • Sellers with fewer than 400 transactions during the last 3 months: You're evaluated on your transactions over the previous 12-month period

The OP is a New-er Seller.  The answer for the OP is 12 months.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

And this is yet another problem with eBay.

Their glitches and updates cost us sales and then we're penalized for having fewer sales.

In any 3 months we would typically be able to expect up to 500 sales. But now, EVEN DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON, we'll have about 350.

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

@richard1rst wrote: ... my defects (if any) for things like out of stocks, unresolved cases, late deliveries and returns roll off after 3 months.

"Sellers with 400 or more transactions over the past 3 months are evaluated based on the past 3 months and sellers with fewer than 400 transactions are evaluated based on the past 12 months."

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy?id=4347#section2

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Thanks for all your help. I have one more question to ask.

Is it like feedback, where it goes away from your feedback percentage, or will it go away and I will never see it again? 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Once it goes away it is gone forever.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

How often does eBay calculate these metrics?

Service metrics are evaluated on the 20th of each month.

• Sellers with 400 or more transactions during the last 3 months: You're evaluated on your transactions during the previous 3-month period
  • Sellers with fewer than 400 transactions during the last 3 months: You're evaluated on your transactions over the previous 12-month period

The OP is a New-er Seller.  The answer for the OP is 12 months.

Assuming the OP is referring to the same account s/he's posting with.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply