cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I charge a buyer for faster service using ebay managed payments?

Buyer bought slow shipping and wants to upgrade to fast shipping for $5. In the past I would just send an invoice to their paypal for $5 to upgrade. How do I charge them the upgrade using ebay managed payments after they already paid?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: How do I charge a buyer for faster service using ebay managed payments?

@usgamecollector Changing or upgrading shipping is something done prior to paying. I don't believe there is a way in MP to send a second invoice once a buyer has paid. You can still ask buyer for their email address and submit an invoice via PayPal for the difference, if you have enough time that is. PP hasn't gone away completely, I still purchase my shipping labels via PP. Best of luck to you....

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@lamber9347 wrote:

@usgamecollector Changing or upgrading shipping is something done prior to paying. I don't believe there is a way in MP to send a second invoice once a buyer has paid. You can still ask buyer for their email address and submit an invoice via PayPal for the difference, if you have enough time that is. PP hasn't gone away completely, I still purchase my shipping labels via PP. Best of luck to you....

ideally it is done before paying, but sometimes buyers change their mind after paying. I don't mind asking for their paypal, however i'm pretty sure that is against ebay rules to ask for their email or paypal.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@usgamecollector wrote:

@lamber9347 wrote:

You can still ask buyer for their email address and submit an invoice via PayPal for the difference, if you have enough time that is.

I don't mind asking for their paypal, however i'm pretty sure that is against ebay rules to ask for their email or paypal.

After a transaction is paid @usgamecollector eBay no longer Big Brother's eBay Messages -- example from 2 days ago:

6phfgh98fhdgh98ahdf9gh9hsdfhg98hfdhfd.jpg

-- and email addresses, phone numbers, mailing addresses, etc. can be freely exchanged in plain text, no more warnings and no longer blocked.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

buyer is asking me to make a listing for "priority shipping" for $5, is that something I should do?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply