cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced to use "Business Policies" when listing. And everything got messed up! Anyone else??

A few days ago, I was trying to create a listing as I normally do, but the listing flow seemed different. Almost as if they were forcing me to list while using Business Policies, which I am not familiar with. I tried to go with it, but it was terrible, and I messed several things up, I think. So I tried to Opt-Out of Business Policies. Now, when I'm trying to create a listing, I can't even offer free returns like I normally do! Nor can I seem to accept Immediate Payments. There are some other issues with shipping too! WHAT AN ABSOLUTE MESS! I'm just a small hobby seller, but I've done about 500 successful transactions. I had no problems creating listings for the last 4 years. Now, I've having big problems. Have this happened to anyone else lately???

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Forced to use "Business Policies" when listing. And everything got messed up! Anyone e

This just happened to me a few weeks ago. It's maddening! 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Re: Forced to use "Business Policies" when listing. And everything got messed up! Anyone e

https://www.ebay.com/bp/policyoptin

opt-out of business policies (upper right/small text)

All that jibberish will go away on your listings

revisit it when you have time, it is a real timesaver if you set it up right

@pieceofmytime 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Business policies help me keep my sanity. Manage and edit them (or disable them to go back to how you used to set up your listings) on this page.

bizpolicies.png

Once you set up your shipping policies and name them so you can easily identify them, you can go to your active listings and bulk edit to assign your new policies.

After the initial mess of policies that are created when you first sign up are no longer tied to active listings, you can delete them.

It takes a little time and work to set it up, but in my opinion it's well worth it.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks a ton !

This just happened while listing today. I tried everything, and, was going nuts ! What you pointed to worked like a charm.(i never even noticed the small text to opt out prior to a google search which brought me here)

Again, thanks !

Shawn

Manshawnsshop

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I went through this mess a couple of years ago when eBay opted me into the business policies and even set them up for me. It took me awhile to figure out the issue, OPT out and delete every single one of the policies. It was as someone stated "madding". This is not the only thing I have been "opted into" by eBay over the years without advance notice that I have had to opt out of or fix. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Business policies help me keep my sanity.

I resisted them for years thinking they were a mess and confusing. 

But when eBay got rid of Turbo Lister, I was forced to re-evaluated my listing efforts and found business policies to be almost essential for both listing items and managing them afterward. I wish I had started using them years earlier. 

But that does not excuse eBay if they forced people into using them without any warning. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply