cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

- - Feedback

I sold an item to a buyer what has a bunch of - - feedback with just those two lines everything is gray the sellers name anyone know what those two lines mean ? Is this negative feedback removed from eBay. This seller has ripped me off and I am wondering if he did other sellers this way and they left bad feedback. I know we not suppose to leave bad feedback as sellers but some sellers do. I did not leave any feedback for this buyer. Thank you for your help

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: - - Feedback

If there is just --  stands for ebay removed negative feedback in someone ebay feedback account.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 13 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Two questions here.

About the Feedback.

Is it green? That's a positive whatever the message may be. Don't worry about it. Feedback is as important as a cashier's "have a nice day". Pleasant but nothing to get excited about.

Is the donut grey? That's a neutral. It has no effect on the seller's feedback.

This seller has ripped me off and

This is the important part.

Feedback has no effect on the seller's account. That is why it is unimportant.

What you need is the Resolution Centre, which has teeth.

What was the ripoff?

If the purchase did not arrive within the window eBay gave you when you paid, go to the ResolutionCentre at the bottomof this page (and most others) and start an Item Not Received Dispute.

Don't get into a conversation with him.

If he cannot provide Proof of Delivery (not shipping , delivery)  you will be refunded.

Is the item Not As Described?

That is the dispute you open.  The seller will be required to send you return shipping. Once tracking shows it is back with him, you will be refunded.

If he doesn't send the return shipping, you will be refunded by eBay which will go after him for their money.

But you only have 30 days from delivery for an eBay Dispute.

You have, however, 180 days from Payment for a Paypal Dispute. The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

Note that in an INR dispute, PP requires the buyer to return the unwanted item to the seller on her own dime.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Did you mean to say that this BUYER has ripped you off?

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I interpreted the message to indicate that the OP is the SELLER.

You seem to believe he's the buyer.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Indeed, the OP is confusing.  The only way I can make sense of it is to change "This seller has ripped me off" to "This buyer has ripped me off". Then the other times that the OP says "seller" or "buyer" make sense.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Yes, opened a claim not delivered it was media mail came late but did finally arrive, I did check with USPS first they could not find the package send a formal sorry email. I did what everybody here always says refund you will loose anyway, so I did. Well package took 4 months to be delivered. Buyer just left feedback never contacted me. I called ebay they stated nothing can be done because I voluntarily refunded, well there policy states if items shows not delivered you have to refund. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

he received the item and is unwilling to pay

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Yes, it was a buyer

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

All I want to know what does the -- stand for in the buyers feedback

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

The item arrived 3 month later media mail, never showed delivery, yes the buyers donut is green for his feedback other sellers left. I sold the item on September the 2 2020 it just now arrived from Arkansas to South Dakota. It has been to late to do anything on ebay I understand that. All I really want to know why this Buyer has some positive feedback with just -- just like that with all other information gray the sellers name everything is gray

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Yes he received the item and does not want to pay, but all I want to know why is his feedback -- with no information I think maybe he does that to other sellers that is all I am trying to figure out

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

If the item arrives after the promised delivery date, the buyer has the right to a refund.

Your buyer did not receive the item for FOUR MONTHS.

What makes you think he owes you anything?

FOUR MONTHS!

He had 30 days after the promised delivery date to Dispute and get a refund.

He has 180 days from payment to Dispute through Paypal and get a refund.

You made the mistake of choosing the cheapest shipping method (media mail) instead of the best shipping method-- which would be one that tracks the parcel and gets it to him within the promised time. 

You can go to Paypal, find his PP email, and send him an invoice for the price of the product. Given that he waited four months for delivery, I don't think you should charge him for the shipping cost. If you have been polite and professional in your dealings with him up to now, there is a reasonable 50/50 chance he will pay the invoice.  Or not.

And in future, don't use media mail. It's too expensive.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

If there is just --  stands for ebay removed negative feedback in someone ebay feedback account.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply