cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay strikes again

Yesterday I had zero late shipments today I have four all from 2023 all I can’t get taken off because they are too old and all were shipped and at the post office within one business day. Tracking shows they were held at the buyers post office for days for one reason or another. eBay is making it harder and harder to justify selling on their playform. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Ebay strikes again

That seems odd...the way that you are describing it, you had some items shipped in 2023 (so over three months ago) that were noted as properly shipped within your required handling time then, but now they have suddenly reappeared as "shipped too late"...am I seeing that correctly?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Ebay strikes again

If the initial scan was within your handling time, how long it was held at the buyer's post office for delivery should not matter. 

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Ebay strikes again

Well id does matter as we are getting a rating on it. For some reason eBay is now tracking the USPS delivery times on our metrics. I have 100% shipping on time  within my 24 hours handling  but my USPS delivery shows at .20%. So we now have to meet the USPS delivery on time. Not sure when this started. I can't control when they deliver a package and I also can't control their postage rates.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Ebay strikes again

Now you have to stay on top of these defects and make sure you report the one’s that are getting the defects for no good reason as they WILL NOT allow you to adjust them after a certain time frame.  So, keep checking your seller levels and defects regularly.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Ebay strikes again

The policy on late shipment rate hasn't changed.  But it does require a scan within your handling time, not just literally getting it to the PO within your handling time. If you have 1-day handling, then you need to get a scan before midnight on the next business day after you are paid.  If your local PO fails to scan, and sends your package to a sorting center where it gets its first scan after midnight, then you haven't gotten an on-time scan.

Screen Shot 2024-03-26 at 8.27.46 AM.png

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-standards-policy?id=4347 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Ebay strikes again

That happened to me too last week. It was for one that I cancelled the postage because I made a mistake on the weight. For some reason 4 months later, it gave me a late shipment for the postage I cancelled. 

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Ebay strikes again

This is the reason I stand in line at our local post office and get an origination scan each day. I have never had a late shipping problem using this approach. I know it is a pain to do this, but it works.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Ebay strikes again

@diecastorbust wrote:

Tracking shows they were held at the buyers post office for days for one reason or another. eBay is making it harder and harder to justify selling on their playform. 

Something is definitely wrong.

If you shipped them on time and they got an acceptance scan in your shipping time frame, by policy the late delivery should not have counted against you.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Ebay strikes again

@boomersbiz46 wrote:

Well id does matter as we are getting a rating on it. For some reason eBay is now tracking the USPS delivery times on our metrics. I have 100% shipping on time  within my 24 hours handling  but my USPS delivery shows at .20%. So we now have to meet the USPS delivery on time. Not sure when this started. I can't control when they deliver a package and I also can't control their postage rates.

That is actually a good point, sellers should only be responsible for getting it to the shipping company on time but that is not the case nor has it been... I mean I'm well aware of it, I wonder how online venues would feel about that, they probably wouldn't change anything but the fact is that once the package is in the shipper's hands it should no longer affect our metrics (except perhaps in the case where a seller chose the wrong shipment method).

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Ebay strikes again

@candd205 wrote:

That happened to me too last week. It was for one that I cancelled the postage because I made a mistake on the weight. For some reason 4 months later, it gave me a late shipment for the postage I cancelled. 

There is a thread on the shipping board where sellers are reporting being charged now for old voided labels, so I wonder if these two are related somehow.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Ebay strikes again

Ebay's tracking is messed up, I have 2 "Uploaded on time but no carrier scan", one shows tracking uploaded and delivered on time the other, which was 2 weeks ago shows tracking number created BUT that's it on the order details, no tracking what so ever. When I click on the USPS site, shows label created, scanned picked up and delivered on time.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply