cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay standard envelope tracking issues

I sell some vintage currency using ebay standard envelope as my main shipping method. I have a customer who says she hasn't received her purchase. The tracking shows that the last location of the item was Cincinatti Ohio, she is in Indiana. The item was mailed on Jan. 10th, today makes 11 days with no delivery. There was a message on the tracking page saying "running behind" with an updated delivery date of Jan.13-Jan.17.  My question is, if I have to give this person a refund because the post office screwed up, will they reimburse me the money. It's supposedly insured up to $20, how do I file a claim?

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Ebay standard envelope tracking issues

Yes, that is what I mainly use.

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Just to clarify- I’m not picking on anyone in this thread- It is just that I see too many sellers and too many comments by those in these boards using ESE who will jump to the automatic conclusion that their buyer is being deceptive when claiming their item didn’t arrive,  not acknowledging that the same sellers chose to use a system rife with tracking and non- delivery issues. And subsequently, fail to refund or will fight a case when they have no grounds to do so.  If a buyer says they didn’t get an item, and the tracking ( even lousy tracking) says they didn’t, it’s game over.

if you, as a seller, wouldn’t like to be blamed by a buyer for “ scamming” by not getting your products to them, don’t blame the buyers for being upset  when blamed for not receiving an item that didn’t arrive because the sellers’ chosen shipping method failed.

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

I agree, that the problem is most likely tracking or the P.O. but there are people who will take advantage of a situation. Thanks for your reply.

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

When I did the open talk last week here with eBay employees....that once a month talk....I asked about 

tracking in particular.

Because I had open trackings since February 2023 that never say "delivered". 

The solution I was told was if the shipping provider is not working for you...then you need to find another shipping provider.

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

This is another thread where certain sellers BLAME everyone but themselves. I have a package right now, that is ground advantage, that has not been delivered in almost a month now. The tracking is whack. Shows it leaves the hub, is in transit to the next facility for a week, then ends up back at the same hub. Been doing this for three weeks. 

Yet a small envelope, that can slide under/over/through equipment and bins, just could NEVER get lost. Give me a break. 

My package is lost. It happens. Your envelope can be just as easily lost. Stop assuming the buyer is lying. You HAVE insurance, the seller isn't out anything. Treating buyers like criminals all the time is likely why so many leave. Who the heck wants to deal with sellers that have these mental issues? 

Don't like the ESE program? Then why are you using it? You can go back to stamps or you can use ground advantage. Sellers were jumping for joy when ESE was introduced. Bragged about the insurance and now they didn't have to worry about scammy buyers. Now all seller want to do when they are insured is whine every buyer is a scammer when they don't get their stuff. Unbelievable. 

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

@wds_collectibles wrote:

Yes, that is what I mainly use.

That post was not a question to YOU 😂

On the posts here you can look at "in response to" 

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

NOBODY IS BLAMING ANYBODY, DID I SAY I DIDN'T LIKE THE ESE PROGRAM? GET A LIFE, DO YOU JUST SIT AND HARASS PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD??????

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

@wds_collectibles 

If the item does not show delivery (and keep in mind that the delivery scan is at a processing location, and not the buyer's PO, nor done by the carrier at their house thus may happen a day before actual delivery) "as has been suggested" refund before eBay has to step in.

If delivery shows up.....................  enter the ESE #.  Yes it's there, but generally you have to enter it again.

If a no show, as suggested, do the eBay insurance claim.

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

@wds_collectibles wrote:

That is what I was thinking, that the buyer might have it and is taking advantage of the situation. Thanks for your reply.

I guess I am confused. You are not blaming the buyer or insinuating they are lying about not getting the envelope?

You are not blaming the buyer, right? When you put words to print, you can't deny later you didn't say it.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

Do you know the meaning of the word "might"??? Must be nice to not have anything to do but harass people on ebay all day.

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

My experience with ESE has been negative, except when I used packaging which others say is not permitted, and costs enough that it questions the value of the program.

I see others on this forum who are having success with it.

I no longer use it, and suggest that becoming dependent on it should not be allowed to happen unless it works for you.

The items you ship, the packing you use and where you ship from might all contribute to your success with ESE.

I doubt it will get any better unless you find a cost-effective envelope which works with it.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply