cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay steals more and more from sellers!

So, sellers, be careful! If eBay decides your “performance” is “below standard” you will be charged additional 6% of total value, adding up to 20%+ I total fees eBay will steal from your pocket! So, if you sell an item for $100, thinking that you will have to pay their claimed* 13% fee ($13) and you will be left with $87 - you are wrong! First of all, they will charge 13% of TOTAL Final amount, depending on taxes a buyer had to pay - let’s say a buyer paid $7 in taxes and $10 shipping charge (if you don’t provide free shipping) and TOTAL FINAL AMOUNT adds to $117 - it means that eBay will charge around $15, according to their policy. But, wait! If eBay decides your status is “below standard performance”, they will charge additional 6% from TOTAL FINAL AMOUNT! In our case it would be extra $7! $15+$7=$22

Ta-Da! Another way to steal money from sellers! So, we, as sellers should stop these practices somehow. 

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: EBay steals more and more from sellers!

it is up to eBay

it is up to eBay to run a site that buyers will continue  to come to rather than turning away from because of poor seller performance.

It causes issues for sellers, buyers, and for eBay.

That is why there are standards to be met

Message 16 of 37
latest reply

I never said it was a conspiracy…

Message 17 of 37
latest reply

Your logic is “below standard”

Message 18 of 37
latest reply

eBay clearly states:
If your account doesn't meet the minimum seller performance standards, you'll be charged an additional 6%

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

"Life is like a box of chocolates" -Forrest Gump

Message 19 of 37
latest reply

@joboffermaker wrote:

Your logic is “below standard”

You did a insightful job choosing the best answer to your post. Way to go.

Posting ID
Message 20 of 37
latest reply

@joboffermaker wrote:

Perhaps you should move to North Korea…

What does North Korea have to do with Ebay policies?

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 21 of 37
latest reply

AND if you are a Canadian seller getting US funds, they dip their hands into that exchange rate, too.

Message 22 of 37
latest reply

@joboffermaker wrote:

Perhaps you should move to North Korea…

What on earth does this mean? 

Message 23 of 37
latest reply

It not under "your control" if you go below standard because the PO is slow to deliver.

Message 24 of 37
latest reply

@joboffermaker wrote:

You ARE missing the point - it shouldn’t be up to eBay to decide how customers treat the seller. There are already enough metrics for buyers to choose if they want to but from you or not. Let me put it in a simpler way for you - you go to store and a cashier tells you - “Hey, you are below standard and I will charge you extra for that!”

not really the same situation.

it would be more like you are a small vendor at the store where the cashier is.  Then you are causing the store to lose customers because of your actions. They say you can stay, but the charges for your space are going to go up a bit, and that if you can correct your behavior, in the future they will reduce the charges.

You have been here long enough to know that it is a changed policy at eBay. A change from just suspending the account.

Message 25 of 37
latest reply

So, customers are happy (according to my feedback), but for eBay “below standard” is anything lower 99%???? Common, wake up. I DON’T provide poor  products, I respect my customers and always try to accommodate if there is a mishap! And look at my feedback - customers ARE HIGHLY SATISFIED with my performance, even if I have shipping delays due to having a full time job or other occasions. Again, it’s not fair to sellers like me to penalise them for what a computer script decides to do. When you buy something anywhere, you as a customer look at feedback or reviews and make your decisions then. 

Message 26 of 37
latest reply

Here we go again 🙄🙄🙄

Message 27 of 37
latest reply

Hey, here is a policy - breath ONLY 200 times per 24 hours, otherwise you will be penalised with 10% of your paycheck… Of course, it’s a policy…. just follow the policy… I’m not saying that there is no policy, but I’m saying that it’s a broken policy implemented ONLY to rob sellers to increase eBay’s revenue. 

Message 28 of 37
latest reply

@joboffermaker wrote:

And look at my feedback - customers ARE HIGHLY SATISFIED with my performance, even if I have shipping delays due to having a full time job or other occasions. Again, it’s not fair to sellers like me to penalise them for what a computer script decides to do.

It is perfectly fair. YOU set your handling time for shipping. There is zero excuse for repeatedly shipping late. Many, many sellers (myself included) have full time jobs and still manage to ship their sales on time.

Message 29 of 37
latest reply

That's crazy. I quit selling here and found other ways to make money selling and don't have to deal with all the crazy fees. 

Message 30 of 37
latest reply