cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY wants to control my overseas business

I don't  want  Ebay   to get involued   in my selling overseas , I decided to cancel any order they send my way .  They want to set fees that I don't  think  is reasonable. Please leave my business alone .

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: EBAY wants to control my overseas business

You can "opt out"...which I did a while back..but had to do it again since a lot will be changing May 15th.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps 
Where are those changes listed? a link would be appreciated. 
@12345jamesstamps wrote:

You can "opt out"...which I did a while back..but had to do it again since a lot will be changing May 15th.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Okay.

You don't have to ship overseas. Just Block every country you don't want to ship too. That can include some US states, territories,and of course serving troops.

Not a problem.

You can't Block overseas buyers who use freight forwarders but you have an advantage there because once the shipment reaches the forwarder's US address, it is considered Delivered and no longer covered by the Money Back Guarantee.

There is more protection for sellers shipping to a forwarder* than there is for any other US address, except a post office box. Much more than to an suburban porch or an apartment mail room.

*or using the eBay International Shipping program

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

This is a completely new release from the brains at eBay ... 

received this message from them May 7th.

Hi geo2061,

We're writing to let you know that starting June 6, your eBay International Shipping settings will be updated to automatically manage excluded shipping locations for your listings. This change will help you reach even more buyers on a global scale, as your items will be available to locations based on their export eligibility. Our  International  Shipping Policy  has also been updated to reflect this change.

If you’d like to opt out of this change, please let us know before June 2 by clicking the link below. You can also disable this feature after it’s been implemented by switching the toggle button at the top of the Exclusions page under Shipping preferences.

Once again eBay makes you opt out of policies that don't fit your own business plans ... i, personally have no wish to sell to the rest of the world - sure, give me slice of that foreign scammer pie.  Not saying that overseas markets aren't great for many, many sellers  -  Just Please eBay stop making decisions for me ... 

i'll plug along as i have for the last 13 years (almost). 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I'm cool with this - the more buyers the merrier.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

It is only a big deal because you are making it one.  Just click on the link and opt out so you can just be done with it.  Or if you are too annoyed by this, do nothing.  It is completely your choice.

IDK why you are so against this, but the EIS program is one of the better programs Ebay has come up with in recent memory.  Sellers are very protected in this program too.  Still if it isn't something you want to do, there is no problem, just opt out.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

eBay does control this platform, so yes, they control your international shipping, although they give you a lot of control back.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply