cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continued to take away privileges for performance that took place 5 months ago.

I recently received an email stating that I'm about to lose my privileges selling on Ebay and at the minimal, limit my selling listings. Due to my seller performance for the same five items that took place six months ago which I just started selling and was very new. Had a a total of 5 issues withen a 30day period, 2 of which weren't my fault. Since Late December2023. I've had zero issues with  shipping items. And actually have really been doing well , shipping,  feedback , happy Customers ect. I have 100% postive feed back No negative Feedback and yet, Every month ,I get a message that my seller performance is still below performance and it's still pertaining to those items in 2023. Today I got an email that my seller performance is on the very of being restricted and its still because of the same items.. I've be selling without promotions because I lost that in December. All because of shipping issues and 1 item as I was packing,  I noticed a crack and messaged buyer.  They were happy that I let them know and asked that item be canceled.  I marked as out of stock. As well as another item.... I am so beside myself with this. Should I just give up on this account.  Is it a lost cause. Thanks for any feedback.  

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Continued to take away privileges for performance that took place 5 months ago.

The evaluation periods for sellers on Ebay are as follows:

To make sure we're getting a fair picture, we'll adjust how far we look back (the "evaluation period") depending on how much you've sold recently:

• If you had more than 400 transactions in the past 3 months, we'll count all those transactions
  • If you had fewer than 400 transactions in the past 3 months, we'll count all your transactions from the last 12 months

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-standards-policy?id=4347

It can be very hard on newer sellers if they make some mistakes as they get started.  If you get the defects it will follow you for awhile [12 months].

I always suggest that sellers review their Seller Dashboard at least once a week or more often.  This can give you some advance notice that you are getting into dangerous waters in certain areas.

https://sellerstandards.ebay.com/dashboard?region=US

Another policy page that will help you to understand a little better too.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards/seller-levels-performance-stan...

Now the only thing you can do at this time is to make sure you don't get any more defects if you can at all avoid them.  Also if you can run a sale or something so you can increase your transaction counts / sales, that will help to dilute the numbers.  That is likely your best option at this point.

I hope it all works out for you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 2
latest reply