cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case closed without seller resolution...

This is not my seller ID.

On 09/05/16, a customer opened a return request thru eBay. I accepted the return and approved the eBay return label the next morning when I saw the request. On 09/09/16 the tracking number in the return details was showing "address as undeliverable" so I reached out to USPS and they advised me that this is typically because of a damaged or distorted label on the package. USPS was able to locate the package at one of their sort facilities and the package was delivered to us last Thursday 09/15/16 without the tracking ever being updated on the return details or USPS.com. I let the buyer know Monday that we had received the phone back last week and I would be issuing the refund shortly, after accounting processed the RMA. This morning the buyer opened a case and had it closed in their favor with eBay's reasoning being that "undeliverable as address" started the 6-business day clock for us to issue a refund. 

I have no issue with the refund being issued by eBay, it was going to be done this morning anyways. The issue I have is that we received a case closed without seller resolution defect even though this was caused by something out of our control. The address is obviously correct as we have issued return labels thru eBay before and since that return without issue, but of course eBay customer service doesn't have the common sense to understand that something obviously happened to the label. This angle has not worked in appealing this so far because eBay CS just keeps saying that our address must have been wrong on the label. 

Anybody have any other ideas on how I can try to get this undeserved defect removed?

Also, not sure if any of this applies but negative feedback from this buyer was removed yesterday and there are multiple eBay messages from this buyer over the weekend calling me a MF'er. Also, 12 of the last 12 feedbacks she has left are negative (would have been 13/13 if I didn't get ours removed). 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Case closed without seller resolution...

Believe me, I would love to issue the refund and get it over with but I'm required to have our accounting department process the refund on their end before I can. I just got off the phone with a good rep that speaks English and was able to catch them. I had them confirm the address on the label that was provided to the buyer when the return was accepted, once they did that I had them go to a return from the next day that was delivered according to tracking and the address was exactly the same, proving that it was either a label issue or a USPS issue and should not count as a defect.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Wow, this one is good.  It is a unique scam twist.

I would report the buyer for feedback abuse, just to make it official if you haven't done so already.  Get as much on the record about the buyer abuse you can get.

I am pretty sure that when you get it back, the phone will not be in there and the bar code will have been deliberately tampered with.  If so, you immediately report the buyer to the PO for mail fraud and the police for internet fraud, and then get the reort numbers and imput them in the return abuse and abuse of buyer protection reports you should make to ebay.

If I were you, I would call ebay and ask for a US CS in resolution or appeals and have them check to see if the buyer has had a history of lost or delayed return packages, or evidence of multiple returns, if they do, you have a much better chance of getting the decision reversed.

But you should wait until you get it back.

(*Bleep*)
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

OP said he got it back.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

That's correct, and it was the original item that we had shipped to them so no issue with the refund portion of this case. The issue is that we got a "case closed without seller resolution" defect because eBay considers "address undeliverable" as delivery confirmation apparently. I'm going to try to call again this afternoon and get a CS rep with some common sense who can see that the returns accepted before and after this one had no issues being delivered under the address on the return label.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I would suggest that you call early in the morning rather than during the afternoon or at night. I have found customer service to be much better in the morning. 

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@seanfitz4040 wrote:

That's correct, and it was the original item that we had shipped to them so no issue with the refund portion of this case. The issue is that we got a "case closed without seller resolution" defect because eBay considers "address undeliverable" as delivery confirmation apparently. I'm going to try to call again this afternoon and get a CS rep with some common sense who can see that the returns accepted before and after this one had no issues being delivered under the address on the return label.

My bad, I lost the you got it back in all the other nonessential information.

If I were the buyer, I would have filed too.  The fact that you did not refund within hours of getting the phone back is poor selling practice.  If you had time to email the buyer, you had the time to refund.  You should have checked out the RMA immediately and then refunded and emailed the buyer that it's over.

I doubt that ebay will change their mind if they look close at what happened.

(*Bleep*)
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Believe me, I would love to issue the refund and get it over with but I'm required to have our accounting department process the refund on their end before I can. I just got off the phone with a good rep that speaks English and was able to catch them. I had them confirm the address on the label that was provided to the buyer when the return was accepted, once they did that I had them go to a return from the next day that was delivered according to tracking and the address was exactly the same, proving that it was either a label issue or a USPS issue and should not count as a defect.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

The buyer didn't believe your story.

The unresolved case strike was earned.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

What story would that be?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

It happened to me that ebay closed case without resolving anything on a broken non working phone, so ebay is not responding, there is no way to even communicate with them, so I lost 500 dls thanks to ebay , ebay sucks !!!! no wonder people are buying more at amazon these days, I will not use ebay anymore ,

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@bollero, people are buying more at Walmart because they have more locations.

People buying more at Amazon because they have more locations, duh.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Actually Amazon has always had more buying with their 3 day delivery and their media downloads. As for your phone, you should contact Paypal and file a complaint and if that doesn't work, contact your credit /debit card used to fund the purchase and do a chargeback.
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 13 of 13
latest reply