cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I sell & transfer by eBay inventory to an eBay seller?

I know you cannot sell or transfer eBay accounts. However, can I sell and transfer by eBay inventory along with my current eBay listings to an active eBay seller. If so, can you instruct me how or provide me with a link. I just turn 78 and would now like to use my time for other things. I have listed on eBay around 22K of used refrigerator parts that I need to get rid of. Thanks for helping an old man.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Can I sell & transfer by eBay inventory to an eBay seller?

@buddyboyusa 

The inventory, yes, they can purchase it from you.  The account? No...it must be in that persons name, along with their address, payment account info and ID.  

Hope this was helpful

Have a great weekend

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@buddyboyusa,

You're right about not being allowed to sell or transfer your eBay account to someone else, but your inventory is your (or your business') property, and you can sell that if you want to.

As for transferring the listings to a different account, there is a way to do it by using File Exchange. Basically, you would download a report that includes all of your listings information from your seller hub. That creates a .csv file, which can be opened and read by a spreadsheet program like MS Excel. Then you give that file to the person who bought your inventory, and they can upload it to their own eBay account to make all new listings.

Download: https://www.ebay.com/sh/reports/downloads

Upload: https://www.ebay.com/sh/reports/uploads

The other option would be to use a third-party listing app, for example six-bit. Most of those would be able to facilitate transferring the listings. It might be best to let the person who buys your inventory decide how they want to handle this.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I sometimes see a seller retiring ... they just list the whole inventory as a single sale on eBay.  Here's an example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/315174729539

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@lacemaker3  But does this also download the photos?  I didn't think it did, only using a third party app like sixbit would.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@rfmtm wrote:

@lacemaker3  But does this also download the photos?  I didn't think it did, only using a third party app like sixbit would.

@rfmtm,  good question. I don't know.

My understanding was that using File Exchange would include everything about the listings, including the pictures. But I don't know from experience.

My understanding was that the main advantage of using a third party app was the more user-friendly GUI interface, rather than dealing with a .csv file and a spreadsheet program. This would be something for the buyer to consider when they are researching how to make the transfer.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thank you for your time, advice and instructions. You are so helpful, especially the step by step procedures. Love this message board for the help and advise it provides. God bless!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

your 78 and have been here since 1999

Not really sure how to respond at the moment.

What has made you to ask this question?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

That link / listing states free shipping. 

That is not possible!

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Use Vendoo or List Perfectly.

Basically import your store to them. Then can connect his store to list. Granted both sides better have some sort of trust to handle that.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

That link / listing states free shipping. 

That is not possible!

How is it not possible?

The listing does say the seller will deliver it themselves to anywhere in the USA in a u-haul.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply