cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer leaving false negative feedback

Which comes first, the Seller or the Buyer?

Evidently EBay thinks that it’s always the Buyers ... even though there wouldn’t be anything to buy if it wasn’t for the Sellers.

Why in the world does EBay’s current policy allow Buyers to leave FALSE  negative feedback for a Seller when the facts prove that the claims are indeed false.  False negative feedback not only hurts the Seller for nothing they did wrong, but, it also wrongly misleads potential future Buyers in regard to what they can expect when doing business with the Seller in question.

The feedback system should be held to the same high standards that the actual transactions are held to.

In addition, Buyers should not be allowed to leave false negative feedback when everything about their false negative feedback can be proven to be inaccurate/wrong ... including what their personal experience was.

Sellers are not allowed the same indulgence.

Why do you suppose that Ebay is choosing, at this time, to allow the Buyers in these situations to intentionally corrupt the much relied upon feedback system?

Also, is it just me, or do other EBay Sellers expect EBay to have our backs in this particular situation?

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: Buyer leaving false negative feedback

Thank you so much, I appreciate that.

Message 46 of 60
latest reply

@nyyankeedude wrote:

Ebay would not remove the negative feedback. My business has been hurt by this, but Ebay doesn't seem to care.

Yeah dude, you should keep calling until you get that neg removed. Like @evry1nositswindy  said, your title clearly states: "2021-S US Mint Partial Proof Set -3 Coins Cent, Nickel, Dollar."

Their feeback says: "but only 3 coins arrived." Keep calling back until you get someone to remove that. Or go to  https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness  and leave them a message explaining you want it removed. Sometimes calling customer service gets people that don't know what they're doing. Facebook works better. Can't hurt to try.

Message 47 of 60
latest reply

@minnesewtogether 

Looks like they removed your neg feedback. It's gone now.

Message 48 of 60
latest reply

Yes, that is THE BEST way to manage this situation on here. There is also a current major threat to sellers on here who refuse to honor buyers return requests, and that is the infamous CHARGEBACK. 

Message 49 of 60
latest reply

It is my opinion that the whole no returns stuff should be completely eliminated. But, there are products that people sell that truly should not be eligible for a return, so it is necessary perhaps for those situations, but still in those situations a buyer has a plastic thing called a charge card and they can and do use their chargeback privileges to do whatever they want after a purchase. 

Message 50 of 60
latest reply

I understand what you're saying. I'm a little different as I offer returns for no reason. I still got penalized for the transaction. There's no way the seller can win. Ebay, it seems always takes the side of the buyer, no matter what.

Message 51 of 60
latest reply

Correct. Plus I didn't receive the item returned, even though I offer returns for any reason. The buyer got the item for free and I got nothing except a negative feedback against me. It takes months to get 100% back from a sudden drop to 99.3% . All I can say is seller beware. Ebay could do it to anyone.

Message 52 of 60
latest reply

I'm still at 99.2%. I can't help thinking, it's hurting my business. I know when I'm buying anything on Ebay, I look at price first, then quality and then feedback. I the item is the same, but the feedback is better from one seller, I will buy from that seller. Sometimes the price may be a little more, but the seller might have better feedback %. Otherwise, what good is feedback to a seller or buyer provided it's truthful?

Message 53 of 60
latest reply

@nyyankeedude 

I do the same thing except I don't look at the % first. I look at the negs. If it's for a $5 item, or the seller's reply makes sense then it doesn't bother me.

Your buyer is complaining "Only 3 coins arrived". Your listing is for a "Mint Partial Proof Set -3 Coins Cent, Nickel, Dollar" When buyers see that, they can see it wasn't you, just a clueless buyer.

I didn't notice the listing said 3 coins until it was pointed out here, but I always read the replies and would have seen it then. Why don't you reply? Short n sweet. Just pointing out the listing said it was for 3 coins. And you always accept returns for any reason.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying "whats the big deal". It's a huge deal, I know.

Message 54 of 60
latest reply

I also look at "Feedback left for others".

If I see a green circle with negative wording, I pass.

If I see no feedback left for others, I might pass.

Although I did enjoy the green circle with "It will be a pleasure to never do business with you again".

If you make me laugh, that counts towards my decision.

______
I am a volunteer here to try and help others, so be nice and remember - My advice might well be worth what you're paying for it.
Message 55 of 60
latest reply

If you are unable to get false negative feedback removed you still have the option of replying to the buyer's comments.  It needs to be professionally worded as it can backfire as they can also reply.  My favorite is "Buyer was advised to return for full refund and declined."

Message 56 of 60
latest reply

I have a buyer who falsely claims I sold them bootleg dvd's. I bought the dvd's off ebay some years ago and they are not bootleg. I accepted the buyer's request for return, but they still gave me a negative and in the FB wrote the dvd's are bootlegs. I contacted Ebay and the buyer but nothing changed. So what do I do now? I have been on Ebay for 10 years and always have receieved a 100 rating. 

Message 57 of 60
latest reply

@yami_butterfly 

I would respond with something like I don't sell bootlegs dvd's. Never have, never will. But don't speak badly about the buyer. A lot of the comments here have good ideas on how to respond.

Message 58 of 60
latest reply

I responded just as you recommended and I emailed Ebay about it. I don't think they will do anything, but it's worth a shot. Thank you! 

Message 59 of 60
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding. 

Message 60 of 60
latest reply