cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to message or view buyers account

I have sold an item to a buyer and they haven’t payed yet. When I tried to send a payment reminder my message failed to send. Then when I clicked on the buyers account it said “Oops! No internet connection.” Obviously I have internet connection as I am posting this and I tried to view other people’s accounts with no issues. Anyone know why this happened or how to fix it? 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If you are still having problems, try using the link to the buyer's feedback page to see if the buyer account is still registered.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@jessfarrel_0 wrote:

I have sold an item to a buyer and they haven’t payed yet. When I tried to send a payment reminder my message failed to send. Then when I clicked on the buyers account it said “Oops! No internet connection.” Obviously I have internet connection as I am posting this and I tried to view other people’s accounts with no issues. Anyone know why this happened or how to fix it? 

It's not necessary to send "payment reminders." Each time you send another invoice, you are extending the amount of time they have to pay.

Just wait till 4 full days have passed since the most recent invoice and if payment isn't made, cancel for non-payment. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Do not send an invoice.

There is no need to remind buyers to pay. eBay reminds them.

IF you send an invoice the "clock" will restart on when you can cancel for non-payment.

If the buyer doesnt pay in 96 hours, cancel the sale as item not paid.

Buyer will get an unpaid item strike. You will get your fees back and can relist.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Hmm. I'm only seeing one sale that you've made and it was today. And in trying to look at the listing, it appears to have been removed. 

If the listing was removed, you would have received a message from ebay telling you why it was taken down. You also would be prevented from sending invoices and messages through the listing since the listing is gone.

But just so you know, sending payment reminders on the same day as a sale (and for which ebay already sends invoices) may make a buyer unhappy with you.

ETA: Why was it relisted? 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

According to what I see on your account, you've sold one item and that sale was August 31st, which is today.  Therefore, it's hard to understand your question, since you certainly did not expect immediate payment, right?  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply