cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store Issues

Our store has had serious issues since about January 21st give or take a day or so. We have reported them at least 20 times. This last round of issues are going to put us out of business. We have just under 11,000 listings. Q3/Q4 2023 we had an average of 35 a day sold. We list from 50 - 70  items a day. Top rated plus,  our metrics are almost perfect. We have 60 free returns and promote at much higher than normal rate (+20%) for every item we also run sales from 15% to 30% off around the clock. On or about Jan 21st the around the same time the updates started hitting USPS rates, eBay cubic shipping etc.. Our Sales dropped to 24 a day average no changes to our store were made. During this time I have reset our promoted a couple of times redo sales etc. to no avail. Well then we fast forward to April 7th on or about again. eBay has some huge software issues and i can only assume they did a revert to something before Jan 21st. My sales went back to our old normal for 14 days. Sunday April 21st boom back to the 24 a day. This is 100% something on the ebay side and had this "revert" not have taken place we would have never had a clue as to what was going on. Something ebay is doing is inadvertently hurting our store and many others. Some oddity's about it  generally dead store after 6pm. Our impressions and clicks are generally the same as when the store was running a peak. Our sales are down 30% Net and Gross during this period. Now to cover its the economy base, I ran numbers for all of our sub categories and we had growth in Q3/Q4 2023 and 7% growth in Q1 of 2024 so as bad as people want to accuse the economy my categories are seeing growth. We have had to let go of 2 employees and moved 1 to part time and 1 left on full time. If this keeps up we will be out of business by July as we built a warehouse and have some other overhead. I am asking any ebay software engineer to please look at these issues. Thanks for any help. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Store Issues

Could it be less people are buying used clothes online?

Have a great day
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Store Issues

Well I covered that in the main post, but sales in all of my categories are up quarter over quarter for going back 5 quarters but I only listed 3.   Secondly had the anomaly not happened when ebays software took a dump I would just be at a dead end. That said,  used clothing sales are actually are very good when it lets us sell them. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Store Issues

You have a lot of items....a number of sellers will do an auction every week for about 150 items.

To obtain a bigger watchers base you might want to try that. That will obtain buyers returning to your store every week and they might look at other items for sale. Plus you will be selling items every week.

Just an idea.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Store Issues

Yea, I appreciate the suggestion we ran a 1000 a week for 6 weeks and it did nothing. Thanks tho, much appreciated. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply