cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to report listings for item specifics spamming?

So it's an issue I see a lot from a few specific sellers any time I'm trying to look up hatching eggs: a bunch of chicken eggs listed in the Item Specifics as "Poultry species: chicken, duck, goose, quail, pigeon, pheasant, turkey, partridge" or whatever. I've tried reporting under several listing practices, search and browse manipulation categories in the past after speaking to tech support but they keep doing it. Is there any way to like, successfully report these listings or sellers? Should it go under keyword spamming or listing in an inappropriate category or other because technically it's neither? Why is there not yet an option for reporting items listed by ticking every possible box in item specifics so I have to wade through 20 listings for people's chickens if I search "turkey hatching eggs"? 

155189712_161179842481246_294748549470942277_n.png

I don't even know what's going on with this one listed as 8 different bird species and also "noise reduction" cos they're just chicken eggs.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@tobyirving 

I stopped reporting listing years ago because I always want to go back and see the listing is gone. But it never is. 

Report because it makes you feel good, but don’t expect much.

Maybe a listing has to be reported many times by different users to get any results. Who knows. 🤷‍♀️ 

It’s so frustrating as a seller. It’s like steroids at the olympics. Some break the rules, only a few get caught/punished. . 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

"Search and browse manipulation" is as good a reporting category as any; the problem seems to be that eBay will not take action unless there are multiple independent reports or else if the violation is particularly blatant or obvious.

You may be better off trying to alter your search to exclude listings that use unwanted species in the title or item specifics, or excluding individual sellers that are guilty of keyword spamming.

From your search results, if you go to the Advanced Search page, you can use the Seller section to "only show items from" and then choose "exclude" and enter up to ten seller usernames separated only by commas and then hit "search" to exclude those sellers' listings from your search. Bookmark or save the search results to use as a basis for further searches to continue to exclude those sellers' items.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Totally forgot I posted this until just now. Thanks both of you, it's a shame but the advanced search suggestion is helpful at least.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply