cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Add or Update Bank Account in Seller Payout

Is anyone also having this issue? As I'm trying to update my bank account in the Payout, Ebay immediately gives out: 

"Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later."

and returns to a page says:

Our server is down, but we’ll have things back to normal soon. If you still need help, visit our help pages.

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

yep.

I could not over the weekend or today (02-17-21)

And it says to visit help pages, since when have they ever been any help

Message 2 of 53
latest reply

Some things that may help with linking or editing your bank account for Managed Payments:

Instead of selecting your bank from the pull down menu, scroll all the way to the end and click on "My bank is not on the list" to enter the information manually.

Make sure you are using your bank's preferred ACH routing number for online deposits, as it often is different than the one preceding your account number on your checks.

Make sure your name is exactly the same on your ebay account as it is on your the bank account. You can change it back later.

Message 3 of 53
latest reply

I also can't add a bank account. I've had an email that purports to be from eBay with a link in it, but whoever clicks links in emails right? So, I go to eBay account payments page but when I click on the big '+' to add a payment type, I get a popup that only offers me a Credit card or Paypal. Any ideas how I can add my bank details?

Message 4 of 53
latest reply

I think Ebay is taking time to fix the system problems. So take it easy.

Message 5 of 53
latest reply

In the Seller Hub click on the Payments tab at the top.  There you can check or change you bank account information.

Message 6 of 53
latest reply

Wow had this same issue and after chat with eBay for 2 hrs and 2 separate phone calls. I fixed the issue myself.

I don't know if one or the other fixed it. But here is what I did.

I did move in February so I made sure  my bank and ebay(there are numerous spots) are the same address.

Saved them and still nothing. After trying and trying still getting the same error. Then I thought maybe a browser error. I was using Firefox at work and Chrome at home.  Still nothing.

I could not sleep and decided to try again because I hate failing and really mad at Ebay.

Use my mobile device and bam 1st try and success. I was using a iOs Safari.

So like I said dunno what really fixed it. Doubt Ebay did something on their end overnight.

Message 7 of 53
latest reply

Thank you so much.  I had the same issues (kept getting errors using a web browser on my macbook pro and then when I used my mobile device (iPhone) and safari browser, it worked and I was able to delete my old account and add a new checkings account.  I have been on the phone several times with customer service from Ebay with no resolution over the past 4 weeks. 

Message 8 of 53
latest reply

I've been trying to update (change) my bank info for Payout for the last several days. I kept getting the screen message to call eBay customer service and give them a code that was displayed on my screen. Multiple calls later and the latest is that there is a "bug" on their end that is preventing many eBay users from updating their bank account info. I was told to wait until the rep calls me back with an update. I just tried doing it via my iPhone, as others suggested, but I still get the message "Contact Customer Service" with a number code. (Sigh) So, I guess we wait.

Message 9 of 53
latest reply

That worked, Thanks. I've been trying to get this changed for months and the customer service people in India are completely useless.

Message 10 of 53
latest reply

No they aren't. I've been trying for three months.

Message 11 of 53
latest reply

I've been having the same problem for months. Here's another solution. Go to Google and type in "Alternatives to EBay". I've been an Ebay member for 20 years and they just keep getting worse.

Message 12 of 53
latest reply

EBay used to be quick about fixing issues years ago and their help team could both understand basic English as well as address the concern you spend time typing into the chat box before you are connected to an agent. I've been dealing with this adding bank account error since the beginning of August. The first time I reported it, I was told it should be fixed in 24-48 hours. Clearly, as we all here know that was a pipe dream. Now I have payments withheld and since 9/3, my listings have been automatically ended. Having read the earlier remarks that this is a persistent issue for at least 3 months,  it sounds like it won't be fixed in 90 days. Now all the time I spent putting up 250 listings will go to waste because my unceremoniously ended listings will be deleted from eBay's servers by then. The many hours on chat and over the phone and mixed, contradictory information I got from the numerous agents with whom I interacted leave me more assured that nobody there knows how to do their job or what will be fixed if anything at all.

I am exploring alternatives to eBay as many of the alternatives also take less of a percentage cut on sales. But I sell a lot of trading card singles and the eBay singles shipping method, which comes with automatic tracking that you wouldn't get from USPS otherwise, at the cost of a basic stamp with automatic tracking is a big appeal.

Message 13 of 53
latest reply

@mtgeternalking 

If you go to the Seller Hub Payment page, is you bank information there?

If not need details of exactly how you are trying to add it and what happens along the way.

Also, is your bank a Credit Union?

Message 14 of 53
latest reply

@rfmtm 

No. I created this new account last month and was trying to add a bank account to my payment information. I was able to add my credit card without a hitch, but every time I try to add my bank account it gives me error messages no matter which approach I take. My bank is not a Credit Union.

I have other eBay accounts for selling different categories of items. When eBay was transitioning to managing payments earlier this year, I was able to add the very same bank account to those few eBay accounts without issue (I think prior to March).

I've gone about trying to add a bank account on a nearly daily basis in all ways possible:

Method 1) By clicking on the banner near the top of my seller page:

a) The banner says, "You need to update your account details by Oct 15, 2021 to ensure restrictions on your account are removed. Update account details."  I click on the underlined link.

b) I am now at a mostly blank page titled "Update account details" in big bold black letters. It has a warning message that I need to add a bank account. I then click on "Add bank" which again is an embedded link.

c) I am now in the "Add a bank account" page. It is here that I type in my routing number and my checking account number (twice in the latter case), and I assure you haven't typed it incorrectly. I then click on the blue "Continue" button.

d) I keep getting the following error message with the associated code at the end in curly braces: "We couldn't verify this bank account. Please select a different payment method.{e78072-1189561x}"

Method 2)  Via my Seller Hub

a) In my Seller Hub (my default page is the Overview tab), I go to the Payments tab.

b) On the right, there is a Settings pane/box which currently shows "None" as my "Payout method". I then click on the "Edit" link.

c) A new tab called "Add a bank account" is opened, however this one has a visual display of various supported main banks eBay with which eBay works and an option to connect to other banks. I click on the bank where my checking account is registered.

d)  It pops up a login screen to connect to my bank and I login without issue, clicking on the blue "Continue" button once I confirm that it has the correct bank account information.

e) I am now in the "Confirm bank details" page and it all looks good, so I click on the blue "Update" button.

f) I promptly receive the following error message: "We couldn't verify this bank account. Please select a different payment method.{e78072-1189561x}"

Method 3) Via my eBay Account settings:

a) I click on my user name and then click on "Account settings".

b) In the Account Settings page, there is a section for Payment Information under which there is a link called "Payments" , which I click on.

c) I am now in my Payments page within my account settings. It shows that my credit card is there, which I had no hassle adding on the first try a month ago. There is an option to add a payment, so I click on the "Add payment option" oversized button.

d) I am now in the same tab as what I described in method 2, step c), and following that path I get to the same end result.

It wouldn't be as big of a problem (certainly have my funds withheld is troublesome) if I could still edit or list items and make sales while eBay is fixing the problem on their end. But other than being able to login and view my account settings, my account is effectively dead in the water.

What makes all of this more troubling is that every time I contact eBay and want to try to see if there is a work around one of the resulting symptoms of the eBay technical bug, e.g. being able to still edit or list, every agent focuses on the lack of bank account rather than the main question I have in the moment and thinks they can help me add my bank account. I then sit there for a few minutes explaining the same preamble that the technical bug isn't fixed and that I just want to focus on the current consequences of that. Some acknowledge and some ignore that and then bounce me around via several transfers because they 1) don't know that there is a persistent issue on eBay's end regarding this matter, 2) don't even bother listening to what my concern is so they connect me with a "concerned" department that is not concerned with my matter (and then for an hour I get bounced around to various departments talking to agents who can't do their job), or 3) keep trying to ask for more information about my account which has already been provided previously.

Message 15 of 53
latest reply