cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log into eBay since it says the cookies are blocked....they aren't!

I am on Windows 10 Edge,  and did an update yesterday.  Everything was fine for a few hours, even on eBay.  Then eBay kept requesting that I sign in, and now it doesn't work.

I talked to an eBay rep who said it is my computer.  But my computer geek and also Best Buy says it is eBay's problem.

I can get into eBay okay on Firefox, but really prefer Edge, especially since I now lost all of my "Favorites".

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Can't log into eBay since it says the cookies are blocked....they aren't!

@denise15601 

Try clearing your cookies in Edge, in the settings under Privacy and services: "Clear browsing data".

In some cases a cookie can get corrupted, causing problems; make sure you are using the "All time" time range when clearing cookies, otherwise you only clear the most recent ones. Then sign in to eBay again. Note that this will sign you out of most sites.

Or else as a quick fix, try opening an Edge InPrivate browser window -- that should bypass your current Edge cookies entirely. Then sign in to eBay there.

It is possible that another setting might cause sign-in issues, such as tracking prevention -- if you are having issues, try the "basic" setting, or try turning it off completely as a test.

When did you lose your Favorites? If you lost them when transitioning from Edge Legacy to the most recent version, you may still be able to import them from Edge Legacy or even Microsoft Internet Explorer. Try the former, first.

You may be able to import your favorites into Firefox, too.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply