Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I use a visa gift card'

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I have found they don't seem to work here and was told by the Visa reps I needed to use it at a store not mail order.  And I called a few different times and was told the same thing.   That said, you can try and enter it as a payment method under accounts on your my eBay page. If that fails you can enter it as a payment method in Paypal.  Then pay with Paypal.  However I could get nether to work.  

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

You can use a Visa gift card just like a regular card. When you're ready to check out, click on credit/debit card for payment and enter your details.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I was recently given a $15 Visa gift card that I wanted to use on eBay.  Since you can't use dual payments at eBay checkout I went on Paypal and purchased an eBay egift card using the Visa gift card.  The code was sent to me so I could enter at eBay checkout and keep my regular payment methods.  

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

You can’t do it; sat on hold with eBay for over 45 min before they hung up on me because they didn’t want to say “it can’t be done”

I had multiple visa gift cards and they said “can’t use multiple, but you can use them to buy one and use one…” 

but found that they always ask for ‘first and last name’ and since it’s a gift card it gets declined every time!!! Because your name isn’t tied to it - why can’t you just be straight up and answer correctly Ebay instead of making me spend more money to get another gift card just to find I still can’t use it!?!?!?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Can you use apple gift cards on eBay 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

can you use vanilla Visa Debit card for purchases? 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Nope tried several times and always denied 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Too much fraud associated with card. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply