cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay payout verification glitch

Hi there I have been selling on eBay for a little over 3 years now and have gotten my payouts no problem and my account has been verified for the last 3 years. Recently I made a few large sales and received a message on my sellers hub to update my account details and submit my SSN in order to receive payouts. I submitted my SSN over a week ago and have yet to receive a confirmation or my payout. The funds are NOT on hold and have finished processing , contacted EBay about the situation and they stated they have an ongoing situation and/or glitch regarding that verification process. Even though my SSN has been verified and my payments already processed and nothing is on hold , I am not able to get my money (almost $3k) from eBay . I have called three times and their response is to wait and see if the glitch resolves itself and if anything arises they will contact me. So I have to keep paying for shipping labels out of my own pocket and not get paid? I should really stop reselling items as I am out 3k worth of investments right now! Have any members experienced any issues regarding the SSN or verification process? The eBay representative mentioned it being an ongoing issue but has anyone found a solution or resolved it?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

there does seem to be an issue with a few fellow sellers posting problems after supplying SS numbers.

however, 1 thing I can recommend is using your processing funds to pay for your shipping labels...

that option is available if you use ebays shipping labels page...it's at the bottom of the page to use available funds to pay for shipping

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

You are not the only one.  We sold a large number of ICs on ebay over a week ago and they've been delivered but no payment.  When we called ebay we received the same message that you did - wait and see if it will be resolved. Our sale was closer to $5K and this sure seems like they are intentionally holding onto the money.  Between high fees and questionable activities such as this a number of friends have left ebay.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

With the high fees they charged on the items that sold I would hope there isn’t any issues receiving my payout. I don’t get why they can’t manually initiate payout , I’ve been verified and have had no issues prior , the money has already been processed and is just sitting in the seller hub waiting to be paid out. The thing is that it’s a lot of money that they are holding onto! Like you mentioned you made nearly 5k and the items have already been delivered and yet there is no payout. Hopefully it gets resolved soon but I will continue to call and bug until it’s fixed…

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@des-con wrote:

You are not the only one.  We sold a large number of ICs on ebay over a week ago and they've been delivered but no payment.  When we called ebay we received the same message that you did - wait and see if it will be resolved. Our sale was closer to $5K and this sure seems like they are intentionally holding onto the money.  Between high fees and questionable activities such as this a number of friends have left ebay.

More likely a hold has been placed on this payment (large amount of money) as well as verification

use this page to check if you have holds.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

41D99B3D-6D0D-43A0-970B-3574A6E9D144.jpeg

I thought that at first but the money has been processed and currently no funds are on hold and my funds are “ available funds “ Contacted an eBay representative and they confirmed there are no holds and my SSN verification has been processed but they are unable to initiate payout due to a glitch in the system pertaining to the verification. Attached is a photo of my seller hub , I even changed my payout schedule to on demand payout and it wouldn’t  let me initiate it and now changed it back to daily payout and still the same issue :/.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Glitch sounds right: seems some thing like it has been on going for a time..

Crazy stuff.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Same here. No one wants to help. Spending money that I don’t have to ship things they won’t give me the money for. I also provided my full SS number weeks ago with no reply. 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Think of all the interest they are making on our money. They should give it to us. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@web6 wrote:

Think of all the interest they are making on our money. They should give it to us. 

No interest they get....

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I’m going to continue to call eBay but hopefully it gets resolved soon, a lot of us need that money to pay for bills, food etc. It seems as though we are on the same boat, so you’ve been waiting over 2 weeks? I wish there was something we could do.. not sure if the Better business bureau can do anything but I’m definitely going to be writing a complaint to them..

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I have experience untold issues with their verification process.  Too many to list here, but leadership is asleep at the wheel of this train wreck called eBay.

I suggest using their 1099-K protest letter to communicate your problems to Federal representatives when they respond to you with their office numbers.

This “community” is corrupt and full of shills that do not take current matters as seriously as they should.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

This same thing is happening to me. I called this morning and they said it was a technical glitch they were aware of on their end, and hopefully it will get resolved “soon”. Not very helpful. Not sure why they can’t push through a manual payment. After doing some research tonight, I’m not hopeful. This happened right after they made me provide my SSN for a 1099-K. I might end all of my current open auctions.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

7DBD7E1F-27E4-4308-80B4-BEF1035716BD.jpeg

By any chance have you checked your scheduled payout? I just checked mine and there is now a date for tomorrow for my payout to be sent. So either they have fixed the glitch or it’s finally going through. I have attached a photo of what it says on my payout schedule now on the seller hub. Fingers crossed that I will receive my payout!

Message 14 of 14
latest reply