cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to change bank account - Credit Union accounts ok?

Greetings, fellow seasoned sellers!

I need to change my eBay Managed Payments bank account due to fraud unrelated to eBay, even though everything here at eBay has been running very smoothly.

Question: Has anyone had any difficulty using a Credit Union checking account as their primary MP account for eBay payments & withdrawals? The reason why I ask is that a couple years ago when MP was introduced, some sellers had trouble with certain banks not getting onboard here. Back then my transition was perfectly smooth into MP, but it was with a standard bank. I also don't want to get into any hassles making the change because of eBay's penchant for goofing things up.

Also, what are any gotchas that others have faced that I should know about regarding changing MP accounts?

Thanks, Guys and Gals!

Cheers, Duffy

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

When I first got up and running on eBay, I used a credit union bank account.  I switch in 2011 when I moved.  As long as it is a legal bank with routing numbers and an identifiable user bank account number (the numbers you have on checks) you shouldn't have any trouble using a credit union account.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I've had a credit union bank account for years. I haven't had any problems getting my payouts to it. 

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@duffy4444 

Save the routing and account numbers to your old bank account you're going to need them when changing banks. 
I've read lots if posts regarding folks changing banks and not keeping the old banks information because they are asked for that info when changing. It's kind if like changing your password, you need to know the old one to change to a new one.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I use a credit union, no issues.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Not the main payouts account, but I need to change the exp date on my cc used for refunds etc (that they insist on when they already HAVE a bank account fgs) and for the life of me I can't find where to change that on ebay. Anyone have a clue? Or do I just wait until they bleat that it's an invalid card or something?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Account Settings -> Payments

You can edit CC info and bank info there 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

That was the first place I tried, but it only shows the bank account I use for payouts.

Oh well.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 8
latest reply