cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for consigning breakdown ideas

What type of payout to use when taking item into store to sell for someone like friend, family, or business acquaintance etc?  Any feedback appreciated?   Opened starter store last July and selling since end of November 2022.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Looking for consigning breakdown ideas

Consignments can get tricky with family and friends. Most (family and friends) will not understand what goes into researching, cleaning, photographing, listing, shipping, taxes (year end taxes) your responsible for and the Ebay Fees. You have been selling for some time so you know what amount of time and costs you will accrue. If you do decide to do consignments, i would suggest choosing which items you are willing to take on. Low value items typically make no sense and items that are difficult to ship can end up with a return/refund. Its a good question and a tough one if you have good relationships with your family and friends. Personally i do consignment favors for my F/F because i don't need the drama. (i still choose what items are worth it) There is no perfect ratio in my opinion.

-Good Luck

Message 2 of 2
latest reply