cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sellers use Item specifics in eBay motors to include every year brand making searches impossible

By placing every possible year , brand and part name under item specifics sellers have rendered the search engine totally unmanageable as no matter what specific part I search for their parts will show up in my search no matter how irrelevant .  You may think this has given you better exposure but what it really does is make it impossible to efficiently search for what I need and consequentially it will drive people away from the platform . and in essence you will have no customers .

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: sellers use Item specifics in eBay motors to include every year brand making searches impossib

@burndug 
 Exactly!  
 Item Specifics and Compatibilities are being filled with irrelevance. 
Search results are either going to have to go back to being pulled from Title Only
OR
Going to have to do away with Most of the Item Specifics and Compatibilities 

The later isn't going to happen due to a certain group of eBay Motors sellers calling the shots.
Probable neither will happen due to the same.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: sellers use Item specifics in eBay motors to include every year brand making searches impossib

Nobody will be able to find what they need so they will look elsewhere. Killing my business. Will ebay recognize this in time ?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

nobody cares, we (buyers and sellers) are beating a dead horse's bones buried in old dirt.

just google what you want and click on ebay results - sometimes they are still active and relevant. but notice the A2Z real result that's right next to it,

Message 4 of 4
latest reply