cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using a ring sizer(aka Mandrel( to size jewelry BEFORE you post a ring for sale!

As a buyer  I know what size ring I need and trust  sellers to be correct when they state that a ring  is a certain size. Nothing makes me more upset  than  to  get the ring and IT IS NOT the size that the seller stated it is!> That being said, I would suggest that sellers buy an inexpensive ring mandrel..there are plenty of them for sale on Ebay for as little as $3.00 and use it to Correctly size the ring you want to sell!.

This will keeps customers satisfied and result in fewer returns!.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: using a ring sizer(aka Mandrel( to size jewelry BEFORE you post a ring for sale!

Buyers also need to be honest about what size ring they wear.  Just because you wore a size 6 five years ago doesn't mean you still wear a size 6.  It goes both ways.  I have a ring sizer, I know what I'm selling, but I can't control buyers and their vanity.  Same goes for bracelets.  Measure YOUR  wrist before you buy.  Just because you bought a 7 inch bracelet that doesn't fit your 8 inch wrist is not my fault.  It goes both ways, and I've seen more than my share as a seller.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: using a ring sizer(aka Mandrel( to size jewelry BEFORE you post a ring for sale!

Just a gentle reminder to sellers to measure the wearable sizes. 

If it's a fine chain, there isn't much difference, but as soon as you have any dimensionality,  such as beads, the wearable length is less than the linear length, I.e. when you measure the stretched out length along a ruler. 

The item should have any clasps closed and then be measured along its inner diameter.  I've been sent items that had an opened foldover clasp counted in the length, and very thick and dimensional cuffs that had been measured along the outside, not the inside.

Lea
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You are assuming sellers do not check the size.  That's not helpful, it's impolite.

And remember, not all fingers are the same size, so pay attention when you buy.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

just so you know A seller stated to me and on the listing that the ring was a size 6.25. When I received it I put it on my ring mandrel and low and behold! it was a size 6. go figure
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

just so you know i purcfhashed a ring that THE SELLER stated in the listing was a size 6.25!. Low and Behold! when the ring arrived, I put it on the ring mandrel and it is a size 6!. go figure!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply