cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brooches

I found 4 brooches in my mother's jewelry after she passed I have no idea if they are valuable or costume.

How do I go from here.

Thank you

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Brooches

You can post detailed pictures on the jewelry group.  https://community.ebay.com/t5/Jewelry/bd-p/Jewelry

They can give you info on makers, etc but you cannot sell on the boards or ask for pricing information.  You will need to do your own research with the information they give.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Brooches

before you post, check for stamped marks on the brooches. You may need a magnifying glass. Post them with the pictures.

No marks indicating the metal and its purity, like 14k or .925 or sterling, it is likely to be costume.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Brooches

@meb5023  pictures will be great so we can help you better

ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ Patty ღஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐღ
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Brooches

20240324_142817.jpg

 I couldn't find a way to post a picture first time, hope this helps

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Brooches

20240324_142838.jpg

 Backs of the four 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Brooches

See my posts on your other discussion here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Collectibles-Art/I-need-help-knowing-these-have-any-value/td-p/3437554...

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Brooches

Op, that is a very confusing listing you have for those brooches.   Because you have pictures of all the brooches in the listing, a buyer will probably think they are getting all four. And stating that the buyer should 'pick one' is most definitely not allowed.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 8 of 8
latest reply