cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Should I Do? Anything?

I recently questioned what seemed to be an extremly high shipping cost - $115.00 for Economy Shipping via USPS Parcel Select. In the seller's reply I was belittled for having the audacity to even question the shipping cost and subsequently called a "dumbass". The item in question is a compound bow and case. Mind you, I only expressed concern about the high price of shipping. This opinion is based on my own experience (less than the 25+ years that "Mr. Expert" claims) plus research that according to the USPS website 2 Day Priority for a similar sized item is $106.35. That's $9.00 LESS than the ECONOMY ship method priced at $115.00.

So what, if anything, should I do in response to this very inappropriate conduct by a Seller to a potential Byuer?

Thanks in advance for your opinions and advice.

Keith

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I looked here, but the only section I looked (re Profanity)  just states in reference to Public  Don`t know if there`s anything elswhere that would help or not

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/profanity-policy?id=4258

My guess..knowing how everything else is going around here..nothing would be done if you were to report them anyway.  Doubt they`d consider it excessive shipping

I don`t know of anything to do..other than iggynore seller search elswhere..doesn`t sound like a seller to have confidence in anyway.

Sorry you ran into such a jerk

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Gosh!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Awful!!!

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Quick correction...the actual shipping cost was $187.78. After calling them on it the listing conveniently disappeared. Strange, too, is that the item (same pic, same ship cost, same city) was SOLD on 9/14 by a different Seller. And after telling the Seller that I would fly out to buy the item if he promised to be there to hand it to me the item is conveniently sold...AGAIN.So, same item, same pic, same ship cost, same city but different Selers. Something smells! I did report the abuse and multiple Sellers for the same item at different times but from same location using the identical pic. BTW, I was censored for quoting the one Seller's comments to me and that quote ws removed by mod. Don't ya just love it?!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

BTW, I'd love whoever it is to call me a dumb ass to my face. Somehow I doubt they have the pelotas to do that. No cojones!

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Just to clarify ... it wasn't me that removed anything from your post Keith.  

It has been my experience over the years here on eBay, that all reporting gets you in cases like this is a sore finger and total frustration.  

If I had gotten that message from a seller ... I would have just hit the back button.

Sorry that happened to you. 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I assume you still want feedback on this situaion. Here's my $0.02.

First, Ebay allows multiple accounts. I'm aware of at least half a dozen people who have more than one account, and I'm sure there are hundreds or thousands who have multiple accounts. As long as the associated sellers follow the rules and don't cross-bid to artificially inflate prices, there's really no reason for Ebay to be involved. Every sale they make results in more fees paid to Ebay so it's in their interests to flat out encourage such sellers!

Sounds as if your proposed seller is playing some sort of game with his/her multiple accounts.  It's irritating to you, as we can see. However, you needn't get any further involved. Leave him/her to himself. There's no point in feeding/playing with rabid animals.

Surely there's another merchant somewhere who sells compound bows. Find one of them (perhaps with a brick and mortar store) and buy what you're looking for. If it needs to be shipped to you there are choices in carriers. Thre are variations in shipping costs. I wouldn't rely on the word of one verbally abusive Ebay seller to make policy on shipping costs from another merchant. If this Ebay seller is/was offering an unbeatable price, consider that verbal abuse and excessive shipping might not be worth the extra 'cost' of the difficulties this seller is presenting.

A couple of last observations before closing. The difficulties presented so far may be the tip of the iceberg with this seller, so to speak. Completing a transaction could very well turn into a total nightmare. If you completed a transaction with him/her, consider what additional difficulties might arise if you have a problem with the item.

You should consider what this seller could do to your feedback if you completed the transaction. As the buyer, you're the only one allowed to post negative feedback. However, neutral is still an option for him/her as the seller. All sorts of remarks can be posted as long as they're not obscene. I doubt you need that in your life. If you're also a seller, this cantankerous so-and-so could interfere in your business for quite some time before Ebay intervenes.

Last words: RUN, DON'T WALK AWAY FROM THIS SELLER AND MAKE IT FAST! NO GOOD CAN COME OF THIS SITUATION!

A.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

What she said - back button and RUN.   If a seller is rude over an honest question, Lord alone knows what he or she would do if there was a problem.  Back button.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I have three ids that I sell under here on eBay.  I have always understood you could not list the same item under more than one id at a time, no cross listing.  Has that changed?

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Sucha **bleep** move!  Life is too short to tolerate this behavior!  BACK AND RUN is my vote too!  Once had a lady give me bad feedback because she considered the puffy vest she bought from me more of a burnt orange than a fire engine red....right after she wrote me 3 paragraphs regarding it.  SHEESH....people are silly!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply