cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lancome Opalescent Moon Bottle Help Needed :)

I searched groups for perfumes but didn't find any. There's an eBoutique group-but since it's not an open group, not sure if that's a place to ask either. Anyway-this is an item from my personal collection and I've always thought it was special. The label is MAGIE Lancome and I have not seen another like it. There are perfume wands that were apparently made by Lalique, so that may be a possibility? Measures 2 1/4" not including cap. I just found one blurb that lists this bottle as "Sputnik" with a rather high value...Any help, thoughts, search suggestions appreciated-as always heart

DSC00109.JPG

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

DSC00110.JPGDSC00111.JPG

Message 2 of 40
latest reply

Beautiful.  Found this, don't know if it will help or not: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/392868767469529104/

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 40
latest reply

This is a cira 1958 Litmited edition of Spoutnik.  Designed by Georges Delhomas in celebration of Spunik

If the parfum is indeed Magie. .it is among only 100 of limited editions.

The bottle would not be Lalik..but it could very well be Baccarat...(The prefered for the French)

You have a very nice piece...a collectors' item!

(I was in the "biz" for about a million years)....

Bon Chance on the potential sale of your item..it's rare..for the right person

Kindest Regards

Message 5 of 40
latest reply

Thanks for replies! I knew it was rare and might have been worth $100-$300 if I was lucky-had no idea there was only 100 made! The alternate spelling of Sputnik made it tricky to find. I sold a collectible Lancome bottle with the display stand once and had a few people from France that were interested in bidding. Although if it were to sell for a lot (dreaming) that might be out of my comfort zone... Great to find out more about it, I had always thought it was part of the Magie Noire line, being the moon and all.

Sandy-I am not a member of pinterist so I'm usually only allowed to see half a page Smiley Wink but thanks for the link.

Message 6 of 40
latest reply

@twinkling.smile wrote:

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanc%C3%B4me_(cosm%C3%A9tique)

Spoutnik, 1959.

😉

Ow, I just noticed that using this French link, does not show the page I had in front of me.

So, when you have opened the page, click on the first link and then, on the next page, the second.

Then, scroll until you see: "Parfums".

Message 7 of 40
latest reply

This is an interesting page too:

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/TRES-RARE-FLACON-SPOUTNIK-DE-LANCOME-/121847434561

Nobody was willing to pay more than US $10,000.

Message 8 of 40
latest reply

Selling to France is not bad. A lot of their addresses track all the way to the front door and if it does not, I find that if they want it bad enough, they will pay the necessary postage to get it there with tracking. You are lucky that it's not an item that's over 4 pounds so that gives you a lot of shipping options. Nice bottle! Good luck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 9 of 40
latest reply

Yes, it would be easy to pack/send but I don't know about to insure-especially out of the country. I'm so glad I posted-I had no idea just how rare an item it was. He's back on my dresser for now, though maybe I should put him in a vault for safe keeping Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 40
latest reply

PS: I just noticed that the label on the bottle in the listing is in French. There may have been more than 100 made if they were offered in different countries,

Message 11 of 40
latest reply

That's a very cool bottle, Clear....I love anything Sputnik.

TEX
Message 12 of 40
latest reply

Clear , 

What a beautiful perfume bottle . I've never seen anything like it . I have a few on my dresser too . Maybe you should protect this one a little . LOL ! Let us know if you list it . This is one I'd like to watch . 

Mermaid

Message 13 of 40
latest reply

Beautiful!

Message 14 of 40
latest reply

@clearsphere wrote:

PS: I just noticed that the label on the bottle in the listing is in French. There may have been more than 100 made if they were offered in different countries,

Indeed, that's possible.

But, if you list an auction, your bidders already know how rare it is and how much they like it.

Message 15 of 40
latest reply