cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID necklace, Haskell?

Hello group.  👋  Been a while since I posted but I lurk around and am still learning from your posts.  Hope everyone is doing well.  I've been looking through the dangle index and researching Mariam Haskell necklaces.  This necklace is unsigned but I'm seeing similar elements.  Thought I'd run it past you all.  Bead caps & stem through beadsBead caps & stem through beads

Use of matching dangle to necklaceUse of matching dangle to necklace

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

ID necklace, Haskell?

Any thoughts on this necklace?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

ID necklace, Haskell?

Interesting necklace! 

Miriam Haskell is quite a minefield! So many lookalikes and items that have parts that have been replaced and recycled.  I know how frustrating and yet intriguing it can be to find a piece that might be. I hope you can get some answers. I have had a few Haskell items but in each case they had a signature. The unsigned ones have to be very carefully identified and I have never got the hang of it. My advice is to really look carefully at the findings on Cathy Gordon's site. I swear one needs a PhD in Haskell to ID some of these, it is very exact. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

ID necklace, Haskell?

Good advice from Arlene.

Couple of additional thoughts.  Pretty vintage piece!  This necklace reminds me of Miriam Haskell, but the clasp is a bit plain for that designer.  Haskell pieces usually give some special feature or flourish to the clasp, and usually (but not always) her necklaces don't have extender sections like this one does.  More often, the piece just ends at the clasp.  Again "usually".   I have seen Haskell necklaces with extender sections, but almost always with a fancy clasp.

The other thing, it seems like her unsigned pieces were earlier.  This looks to be more 60s/70s.

But disclaimer, not a Miriam Haskell expert, just a MH groupie.  If the piece feels unusually high quality in the hand, by all means keep researching.   Miriam Haskell stuff is very complex and diverse, and  not so mass produced so sometimes hard to find a match.   Great look in any case!

An estate sale is my natural habitat...

Message 4 of 4
latest reply