cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a problem, need advice please!

I had a ring listed, a buyer emailed me a number of times and ask if they could pay on Friday if they bid.. I said yes, and turned off the pay assistance. The buyer won the bid and I was sure assistance was turned off . Then yesterday I got email that read- "Please I am sorry I can not pay for this, please restock I am so sorry". So I sent them email and I told them to put in a cancelation for the sold item and I would agree, so I would get my listing fees back.. Then today I get a message. "I don't know how, maybe my husband will come up with the money by Friday..

What would you do? I do not want a strike for canceling the order?

Please advise!!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Mornin Rain.  I guess I would wait through Friday (since you have already agreed to that)  & if they don`t pay..then file a UPI against them. first thing Sat. At least that way, you won`t get a defect from Ebay for cancelling the transaction on your own.

I know you will have to wait additional time for your payment..but at least Ebay won`t slam ya

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks so much Sarah!! It is not all that much money, and the ring is signed Sterling.. So I will wate it out and maybe her husband will pay.. I just do not like to force something on someone and get a donut for something else. I have 6 emails for the buyer..

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Sarah gave you great advice . DO NOT SEND CANCELLATION REQUEST .

At this point you risk not getting your fees back and getting the dreaded donut . I agree the best course of action is to wait until Friday night . If you are not paid , open an unpaid item case . It's a pain to wait that many days but it's the only guaranteed way to protect yourself ( and the rest of us ! )

You do not have to feel bad or like you are forcing the sale on someone . Don't let a buyer put a guilt trip on you . Use the tools that eBay gives us to protect ourselves from getting the run around .
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I would let the Buyer know that you will have to file for the unpaid item so you can get your costs for listing back from ebay and be able to relist the ring.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I did as kindly suggested, Then got a reply from the buyer, when I told her I could not cancel the order, she had to do it.. If I did I would lose my listing fees and get a strik.. So I would wate until Friday as promised for her payment, then I would turn assistance back on.

she replied YES Ma'AM I will see if I have any money in my account..something to that effect.. next think I know, she paid.. So now I ship, I hope she likes it for the price she paid, if not she can return for full refund.. I hope I do not get dinged..

Thanks every one.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply