cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help identifying Czech? set? Pic heavy!

Hey everyone! Hope you are all doing well. It's been a while since I have been around the boards, seems like I've been so busy lately. Anyways, I got this set recently, and I am wondering if anyone could help me identify it. To me, it just seems to beautiful and well made to just be left as an unsigned beauty. I haven't found any marks at all on any of the pieces. I'm not sure if the earrings are a true set since the filigree looks a little different, but the settings for the stones and colors of the stones definitely match. Let me know what you think, I'm kind of thinking Czech from the 20's-30's?

IMG_6529.JPGIMG_6530.JPGIMG_6531.JPGIMG_6532.JPGIMG_6533.JPGIMG_6534.JPG

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Looks Czech-ish to me, christine.  Or maybe Austro-Hungarian?  From that region of Europe, anyway.  Love the Art Nouveau metalwork.  I agree on your date range of 20's to 30's.  Possibly 40's?  I love those rich old jewel tone stones.   Sorry I couldn't be more definitive.  Beautiful set!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Czech or that part of the world anyway.  The colors... could be 30s, but could be 50s and with that style I honestly don't know.  They also finished pieces partially made and shelved when War hit AFTER the War, so.... seriously dunno.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Agree with the ladies above.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks everyone. I do appreciate the confirmation on probable Czech origin. I don't know why but my mind was seeing it as more art deco, but now I'm definitely seeing it as art nouveau. Thanks so much!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

The stones and the swirling metal design. I am seeing Renaissance Revival.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Could be Neiger Jewellery.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply