cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hazy, hot and NASTY Eye Candy Wednesday

Here on the East Coast we're getting cooked.  Anyone got any eye candy hotter than the thermometer?

Keep the images smaller to speed loading, and as always no live auction stuff. 

NFS - Dominican amberNFS - Dominican amberLong sold - Whiting & DavisLong sold - Whiting & DavisJames Avery, also long soldJames Avery, also long sold

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Love that amber Evely! The purse is pretty cool too. I'd carry it.  🙂

If I was into crosses I'd love the Avery. Wonder if I could get in a six-pointed star 😜

A.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

He's done a Star of David before.  No clue what they sell for. 

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Shells are near and dear to my heart. Will have to do some research. Prolly can't afford one, but looking is (usually) free. 

A.

Spiral Shell on Samsung
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Well, not much I can do about the weather being so hot, because if I could I would have started here in Texas ... heading into our 64th day of over 100 degress this summer.  YUCK!  So thought I would show a few fun things to do in hot weather.  Smiley Happy

Like ......

Eating Ice Cold WatermelonEating Ice Cold Watermelonflying kitesflying kitesand thinking about Christmas, and hoping it cools down by then!and thinking about Christmas, and hoping it cools down by then!

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

In the center, three Alice Caviness pins I added to my collection a few months ago surrounded by some others I just had to keep, including a scrimshaw pin and what I think is a lapis and Calcite pendant

"Free" shipping is like "free" kittens. Ain't no such thing.
eBay buyer and seller since January, 1998 - Former member of the "Answer Center Irregulars"....In memory of flowerpot.4
Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Sandy, that watermelon is totally adorable! (Send it to me right away -- I neeeeeeeeeeed it 😉 )

A.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Before being struck down by the local scurge that's going around, I met with the guy who sold me his Mom's storage locker full of jewelry last year.  He contacted me a little while ago and said he had a box of nicer stuff from the unit he wanted to sell.  The pictures show just a small amount of better jewelry that came out of the unit, not to mention quite a bit more of some really nice costume not shown.  This squirrel has plenty of nuts for the winter!

One of the boxes of silver:

823183.JPG

The gold:

823185.JPG

Some nicer SW/NA rings.  The one on the lower right is marked, "E. Harvey."  We all know Fred Harvey, but I can't find anything on E. Harvey, or if there is a relationship at all:

823186.JPG

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

That ought to keep you busy for a few weeks!

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Dream, that’s sweet! I love having piles of goodies like that to go through Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I completely agree, ev and marie!  On top of that, the yardsales have been very good lately.   I'm mindful of my luck and gratitude is something I practice every day.

gratitude.png

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

You are lucky! The yard sales have been pathetic this year, I am hearing that form everyone! I did hit the first decent one yesterday right around the corner form my house Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

I agree that yardsales seem to have declined, maybe because of the lousy summer we've had or because of online selling sites like Craig's List, Facebook, Letgo, etc.  I was lucky to be at a few yardsales early enough this summer to snag some good bargains.  I keep swearing off of glass, but how do you walk away from a ruby cut-to-clear tumbler and carafe for $2.00 or a Lefton China tea set for $5.00? 

rubycuttoclear1.JPG

lefton1.JPG

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

You can't anymore than I could walk away from the one yesterday morning with 1990's era Hallmark Collectable ornaments for $1 each. I walked away with 26. Boxes had never been opened.
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Right, scifi.  Great score!  Like the Pickers say, "The time to buy it is when you see it!"

Message 15 of 18
latest reply