cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anklet Identification Anyone?

Hi All, 

I was wondering if anyone could help me identify this cute anklet which has a stamp on it of N R. I know nina ricci has done jewelry but wasnt sure if this was one of her hallmarks or not, im beginning to think the N R just was put there to mean not real. (I know its not real gold ) 😁   

and measures a bit over 9 1/2 inches in length. 

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I tried to look at the topic you referenced but the link goes to ID only.

I did find this on the Trademark Site though.

Nancy & Rise, Ltd Trademark 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

It`s Avon.   

The initials on some Avon pieces (NR, BW, SP, SH, WN etc.) are NOT designer initials as many have attributed online. This quote directly from Avon: "The initials on some of our jewelry pieces are an internal company code for our jewelry in manufacturing. This identifies the vendor who has manufactured the jewelry for us. In some cases, the same piece of jewelry could be manufactured by two different vendors."

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

thank you so much @1940fc . I was aware of this also but I was thinking because it didnt have avon directly stamped on it along with the initials that could have been from a different vendor, and I didnt feel comfortable listing without the correct info. Its a bit confusing at times😩

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

ok so I actually have a avon piece stamped NR but it also has the avon logo on it as well as seen in pic below and the one im asking about only has NR but no Avon logo on it and thats why I was asking in the first place and although your answer is good I dont think its correct. I came across this on the ebay community from 2013 and it was posted by someone named @jjsclosettreasures which says "NR stands for Nancy & Rise of New York (a husband and wife team in New York that created jewelry in the 1980's) apparently people have been having this issue for years lol.  So "NR Avon" & "NR" appear to be 2 completely different companiesIMG_1272.jpg.IMG_1294.jpg

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I tried to look at the topic you referenced but the link goes to ID only.

I did find this on the Trademark Site though.

Nancy & Rise, Ltd Trademark 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Interesting that both the ovals have the 2 'dots' at the top 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

YEP, THAT NR IS EXACTLY WHATS ON THE BRACELET WHICH WOULD DEFINATELY DIFFER FROM AVON..THANK YOU EVERYONE SO MUCH

Message 7 of 7
latest reply