cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14K Trifari Rings ... no way ... YES WAY

Don't think I have seen this discussed here before and I know I had no clue, so thought I would share this information with you all.  Thanks to the Jewelry Ring for the information and Gayla for the research she did on this subject.

So, yes, in 1972 Trifari DID make some 14k yellow and white gold rings.  They sported simulated diamonds by Raytheon and were called Triamonds.

Here is the ad from 1972, Triamond (simulated diamond by Raytheon TM) by Trifari

Trifari 14k Jewelry.jpg

It reads

World's most sensational alternative to a diamond. Can such fiery brilliance and fine white color belong to anything other than a diamond? Yes, one. Triamond © simulated diamond. In 14K yellow or white gold rings, some with rubies, emeralds or sapphires. Priced according to carat weight.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

How very interesting! Thanks for sharing this info Sandy.

I know that Coro produced items in 10k which surprised me when I found a 10k Coro brooch many years ago.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Just proves you can never say never when it comes to the designers and manufactures of "costume jewelry".  No matter how much you think you know, there is always something new to find out. 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I did not know that.  Thanks for sharing, Sandy.  You're right about there always being something new to learn about costume jewelry.  That's why I enjoy it.  The more I learn the less I know!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Very interesting, thanks Sandy. I knew Krementz did gold as well as gold filled jewelry, but I didn't know about Trifari using gold!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply