cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I listed a Gebruder Heubach doll that someone says is a repro....would love advice on how to tell

Hi.  I just recently listed a bisque Gebruder Heubach smaller 9 1/2" doll - Coquette - character with Blue ribbon & bow on head....and marks on the back of the shoulders - mold # 7850.  A concerned party reached out to me and suggested that it may be a reproduction, which is fine, but i would very much like some other opinions, and even more importantly, i would like to learn the difference.  The  listing is:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/203352528742 .  Any insight anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated!  Thanks....   jeffo

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I listed a Gebruder Heubach doll that someone says is a repro....would love advice on how to tell

Isn't she a sweet little doll?  I am no expert on antique dolls but to me she looks original as she does not have any recent dates on her as reproduction dolls usually do.  If you want an expert opinion look for a Facebook group that give advice on dolls of any sort.  We have one just for Australians and New Zealanders so you would not be able to join that one if you do not reside here, but there must be others who can help you.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Reproduction. An original Coquette would not have painted eyelashes and the teeth would be individually painted.

https://www.theriaults.com/german-bisque-coquette-pink-hair-band-gebruder-heubach

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you...I appreciate the insight....ballpark guide to value of what i have???

jeffo

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I'm afraid I don't generally provide values. Your best bet is past auction results of similar dolls.

Past results 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply