cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

17" Bisque (?) Doll, German Outfit, Scary Eyes

Rather scary looking doll, clothes are sewn on, no marking on back neck.  Moveable arms/legs,head, all same matte finish bisque.  Long bland hair is wig, hair pinned up with many pins. White leather shoes, one split seam at toe.   Eyes move, but stare to one side. Need a description.  Judging from darkening on blouse, she's probably 1940/'50's era.  Any help on description, most appreciated.P1230178.JPGP1230180.JPGP1230181.JPG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I had a doll much like this one some years ago. It was made in Italy. It looks like the "flirty" eyes are, perhaps, set back a little farther than they should be.  I remember paying $40 for the doll but that was at a thrift store.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Take a look at this doll https://www.rubylane.com/item/517103-G535/Vintage-Italian-Celluloid-Hard-Plastic-Flirty

Your doll is much nicer/prettier and I don't know what it's made of, but I think the eyes on your doll are okay.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I would not have guessed plastic, it's a heavier weight.  However, the hair is the same, and definitely her little soft leather shoes.  I was thinking German Dirndl, but could also be Swiss Alps with the flowers in her backpack.  Thanks so much!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks, I think we're getting closer with Italy being the manufacturer.  Still unsure of the material she's made of.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I think She's Celluloid.  A type of plastic.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply