cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT To Sellers Locked Devices, Death Of Part Phones, I Give ebay 24 Hours Haha

Hey everyone

So we got a message from good ol ebay this morning, one of our listing was removed for promoting illegal activity.  Selling part iphones they consider illegal activity now....NOT Kidding

So, if you look at our account, we sell surplus, we get hundreds of broken devices. We do not have the means to test all the devices for various reasons. Some have no screens, no batteries, are water damaged etc etc. So for YEARS now, we list these devices in lots, just like everyone else, sold for parts very simple. 

BUT because we wish to be transparent, because we all know selling on ebay, if you sell a device, and the buyer finds out its locked, and you did not disclose.... Blah Blah

Our devices are all different issues, and yes, some are locked by icloud, or google, OF COURSE, when you deal in quantity and parts. Devices turned in, lost, broken, donated, etc etc.

We received this message and called ebay, We do NOT appreciate stating we are doing illegal activity, when we have 100% feedback clearly showing otherwise.

The rep on the phone JUST TOLD me they will be removing all devices that state they are locked for activation, he did not specify locked to a carrier. 

This rep claimed they would be removing all devices that are google, icloud or any other manufactured device that is activation locked.

So we removed all listings of devices we know are locked.

And how does ebay NOW claim they will handle the millions of people that wish to sell a device for parts, because they know it is locked, or do not know, the rep on the phone could not tell me.

I wish to see how this plays out, this is a notice to all you sellers.

Personally, i think if you sell these devices daily, please feel free to call ebay, and voice like i did.

I honestly do not see this playing out longer then 24 hours after all the millions of devices listed are ended.

Take care all

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0