cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling doll clothes separately?

I have a lot of dolls to sell. On name brands, I notice that the clothes alone sell for a lot more without the doll.  For instance, I recently sold a m Alexander doll that had never been removed. From box for $10. Later see just the clothes sold for 27. Should I separate them? Tia . Brenda

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@bkb1942 wrote:

I have a lot of dolls to sell. On name brands, I notice that the clothes alone sell for a lot more without the doll.  For instance, I recently sold a m Alexander doll that had never been removed. From box for $10. Later see just the clothes sold for 27. Should I separate them? Tia . Brenda

Hi bkb1942.

My opinion is that you will probably get more for the clothes than the dressed doll, unless it is a very desirable hard to find doll.  

Vintage Barbie, Cissy, Cissette, the Revlon Girls, their clothes go for a nice chunk of change yet.  The nude dolls also get nice money.  

Got shoes for the dolls?  Collectors will still pay some nice money to complete their dolls attire. 

If the dolls are less desirable to collectors, you could always put them up in small lots and people WILL buy them.

What kind of dolls were you planning to sell?  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@bkb1942 wrote:

Hi bkb1942.

My opinion is that you will probably get more for the clothes than the dressed doll, unless it is a very desirable hard to find doll.  

Vintage Barbie, Cissy, Cissette, the Revlon Girls, their clothes go for a nice chunk of change yet.  The nude dolls also get nice money.  

Got shoes for the dolls?  Collectors will still pay some nice money to complete their dolls attire. 

If the dolls are less desirable to collectors, you could always put them up in small lots and people WILL buy them.

What kind of dolls were you planning to sell?  

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Sorry, been away and didn’t see your post. Thanks. I have a lot of newer Ginny’s and Madame Alex plus many dolls from fifties. I’ve gotten so old unless I marked them, I can’t remember who they are. Thanks again. Brenda

Message 3 of 3
latest reply