cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Macbeth-Evans Monax Glass or something else?

I just picked these up today thinking I had found some Monax or Cremax glass from Macbeth-Evans. It has the same look and feel as monax but I cannot seem to find reference to it anywhere. I checked replacements, and googled whatever I could think of. The edges are like pedalware but the pattern is a mystery. There are no makers marks on the underside, nor do they have the ridged circle pattern underneath like most Monax. Can anyone ID this glass and/or pattern?

Thanks. 🙂

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Definitely not Monax. Cremax is cream colored. This is an EAPG piece. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Wish I could tell you pattern name. Its opalescent glass. Very pretty!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Very pretty! Replacements.com has a pattern i.d. service that is very helpful. I'd try that.

bb

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I found a couple other examples of your plate by Googling "Victorian Milk Glass Plate".  Neither had a maker listed. Good Luck.

"The Grass is not
greener on the other side , You're just looking at it from another
perspective."

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I took the boards advice and contacted replacements. They could not ID the pattern either. 😞

"Unfortunately, we could not identify your pattern. We appreciate your interest and hope to serve you in the future."

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

just for a frame of reference ... our pics are of Macbeth Evans white opalescent, American sweetheart. your lovely item looks like some sort of beaded edge "swag" design, with a petalware-like edge. can only think of 'flint' glass.. AMERICAN SWEETHEART SUNLIGHT.jpgAMERICAN SWEETHEART 2 DINNER PLATES.jpgAMERICAN SWEETHEART PATTERN.jpg

Message 8 of 8
latest reply