cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glassies-Need help please for silver or pewter condiment with cobalt blue glass insert

I know this isn't technically a glass item but I'm sure there are many here who would be able to help with my question or point me in the right direction. I'm not necessarily asking who made it, but if this is Pewter or Silver. I'm guessing silver. It is 2 1/4" tall with a small cobalt blue glass insert. My question is about the marking on the bottom. What does it mean?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Glassies-Need help please for silver or pewter condiment with cobalt blue glass insert

indiv salt in silver holder. it is the hallmark of maker

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you! Do you know how I can find out who that mark belongs to?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Here's one of a number of websites to i.d. silver makers by their marks: http://www.925-1000.com/

For more, just google "silver hallmarks".

Also, Replacements.com has an i.d. service.

bb

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

thank you!!

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Very pretty! The holder is silverplate, the dark part is the base metal. Try searching silverplate colbalt glass salt cellar or dip. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thank you so  much!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Found it on this website! Thanks!
Message 8 of 8
latest reply