cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mercatino Delle Pollie Corato Italy ~ Stamp is R & S or P & S - WHERE? WHAT? WHO? Please help.

Hi All,

Yea, another item I can't really get to the bottom of.   Help, please.

Google had zero results for the search "Mercatino Delle Pollie" and when I searched "R & S vintage porcelain" many items appeared but with a different R & S logo which seems to have its roots in Russia, not Italy.

I believe my object is a 10-point spoon rest, at least 40 years old (inherited 30 years ago this month and the object belonged to the mother of my deceased friend; the mother had died many years prior to that - so, I'm thinking 40 years at least.) 

Thanks in advance for help!

Mia

10 pointed porcelain dish spoon rest Italy (2).jpg10 pointed porcelain dish spoon rest Italy (1).jpg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Mercatino Delle Pollie Corato Italy ~ Stamp is R & S or P & S - WHERE? WHAT? WHO? Pleas

The sticker is from the seller of the piece, not the maker.  It was sold at the Chicken Market, in Corato, Italy, with a street address of Via G. Divittorio, 13.  (I think that street address is right, but my eyesight is bad).  So, it was sold in Italy but could have been made anywhere.

-

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Re: Mercatino Delle Pollie Corato Italy ~ Stamp is R & S or P & S - WHERE? WHAT? WHO? Pleas

Maybe this will help others:

10 pointed porcelain dish spoon rest Italy (1).jpg

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thank you!  You always are so very helpful.  Much appreciated.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply