cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought you regulars on this board might find this interesting. I certainly did!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/a-rare-italian-vase-bought-at-goodwill-for-3-99-was-just-s...

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I thought you regulars on this board might find this interesting. I certainly did!

This caught my eye because several years ago I sold a platinum, sapphire, and diamond ring, by Tiffany....at this same auction house in Chicago. Fees are high, but to say it did great is an understatement.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

That was a nice find.

My luck it would have been worth $0.25.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I saw this on CNN, I think the only thing that would make the story vastly more interesting is if it had happened to me.😀

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

And if I'd seen it, I would not have paid $3.99 for it because, to me, it's homely.  Looks like a Christmas decoration from Target, just waiting for a stem or two of plastic fake holly.   And that shows you what I know:   Zilch!   Maybe less than zilch.  Sigh.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

For anyone who just wants to see the vase, which looks more like a bottle to me...

ewscripps.brightspotcdn.jpeg

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Wow! Never thought to take 'em outa the crumpled paper bag! That is downright Christmasy~

Message 7 of 7
latest reply