cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have posted this on ebay at a ridiculous price i would like help finding it's real value can you h

I have posted this on ebay a little while ago at a ridiculous price i would like help finding it's real value can you help please... i have searched for this artist and she seems to be doing statues now - and i cant find anything on her paintings and she is French so that can make it a little harder to find her work  and translate 

i did find this bull for 700 euros ... https://www.ebay.fr/itm/38387261826520210807_174038.jpg20210807_174040.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: I have posted this on ebay at a ridiculous price i would like help finding it's real value can y

Your other threads were moved to the correct board(s).  Looks like this one now also.

You have received many helpful posts.

Research takes time.   Good luck.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: I have posted this on ebay at a ridiculous price i would like help finding it's real value can y

@sooke11you have posted on multiple forums and it just seems to me you should be doing your own research. This particular item, you asked on another forum for help identifying the artist even though you had listed the item with the artist in the title a month prior. Something isn't right here (and there are other similar posts and items in various Forums too)

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I have many items in a couple of stores ... excuse me if I forgot it was posted .. 800 items is hard to keep track of... I have spent more than 3 hours on the internet looking for a realistic price for my listing... gl is that sufficient for you.. may I now ask peers for their help.. stop knocking everyone down to make yourself feel superior

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

No one here gives valuations.  There are a number of good reasons for that.

First, it is impossible to be sure what one is looking at in a photo.

Second, it requires a lot of research to make a valuation unless it is an artist one is already very familiar with.  While people here are delighted to help identify works, few are going to put hours into something that is only to make money for someone else.

Third, I have learned that no matter what price is suggested, the seller ended up unhappy.  I was accused of deliberately undervaluing it (if it sold quickly) or deliberating overvaluing it (if it sold slowly or not at all) or, in some other regard, making the seller lose money or time.  I don't need the grief.

I will make the same suggestion here that I made on your other thread:  A good place to start to find comparables is with a Google image search.  Click on prints by the artist and see what others are asking.  Here's a first, quick place to start:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Martine+Orsoni+artist&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjv0s71vKH...

If you're going to sell a lot of art, it is worth your while to buy memberships in websites that are oriented toward valuations and that provide realized prices on comparable works.

=

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

It seems like you have mistaken the purpose of someone's reply to your question.  

No one is being knocked down by someone to make themselves feel superior.  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@sooke11 wrote:

I have many items in a couple of stores ... excuse me if I forgot it was posted .. 800 items is hard to keep track of... 

Multiple selling ID's?   If so, yes difficult to keep track.

Rita

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Your other threads were moved to the correct board(s).  Looks like this one now also.

You have received many helpful posts.

Research takes time.   Good luck.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@sooke11 
@melda58 wrote:

@sooke11 wrote:

I have many items in a couple of stores ... excuse me if I forgot it was posted .. 800 items is hard to keep track of... 

If you are having difficulty keeping track of your items in various stores, perhaps you should scale back until you have devised a method of accounting for your inventory?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 8 of 8
latest reply