cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F B Rogers Silver Co. 1883 Dome Butter Dish Some marked 273 vs others not marked ????

I had this posted in Home & Garden with no luck, probably because I posted it in the wrong group. 

I purchased this silver-plated FB Rogers 1883 Roll Dome lid butter Dish.   Most are marked with the pattern number 273, a few have no pattern number. 

The one I have does not include the pattern number 273 on the base.

What does that mean? Is it older or newer?   I looked everywhere and could find no articles on 273 vs not marked.

Thanks in advance

butter dish.jpg

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: F B Rogers Silver Co. 1883 Dome Butter Dish Some marked 273 vs others not marked ????

@rockrancher wrote:

I purchased this silver-plated FB Rogers 1883 Roll Dome lid butter Dish. 

I can't answer your main question, but you know the year 1883 was part of their trademark? It's the year the company was founded, not the date of design or manufacture. So it doesn't mean the piece was made in 1883. I'm seeing them variously described as butter dishes and caviar dishes.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: F B Rogers Silver Co. 1883 Dome Butter Dish Some marked 273 vs others not marked ????

@rockrancher wrote:

I purchased this silver-plated FB Rogers 1883 Roll Dome lid butter Dish. 

I can't answer your main question, but you know the year 1883 was part of their trademark? It's the year the company was founded, not the date of design or manufacture. So it doesn't mean the piece was made in 1883. I'm seeing them variously described as butter dishes and caviar dishes.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank-you.   I did look on Replaements.com, and they were listing silver-plated FB Rogers 1883 items, some had two listing for the same item, (with reference number or no reference number) and the cost was the same for both. So I guess it just doesn't matter. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply