cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 American Silver Eagle, Emergency Issue Hoax

NGC and PCGS have created special labels stating, "Emergency Issue" of 2020 American Silver Eagles. I am aware of the memo that was sent regarding the 4 hundred or so Monster Boxes that were minted from the Philadelphia Mint which was done due to Congressional requirements of time restraints of minting. That said, please explain how you believe this is an "Emergency Issue" and spread the rumor and begin a frenzy of exorbitant values of these coins? Are you stating it was an "emergency" to get 2020 ASE into the hands of the public before the mint shut down due to the pandemic? Please explain as this appears to be a hoax and extravagant scalping during this pandemic.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: 2020 American Silver Eagle, Emergency Issue Hoax

If you are expecting either company to respond to your concerns on this board then I fear you may be in for a disappointment.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

It's called "marketing."  It's how you get people to buy things they don't need at prices they can't afford.   

The coins were produced during an emergency (Covid-10 pandemic, during which the government shifted the minting of this bulllion coin to Philadelphia for a couple of weeks).  Therefore, they are Emergency Production Silver Eagles, all 240,000 of them. 

That's marketing!

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Emergency Issue Fox

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

You are correct in that the marketing is great, however, the message is a lie. The production and distribution of these ASE (whether from Philadelphia or otherwise) was not and is not an Emergency. I see many people on Ebay believing this hype and paying exorbitant prices which are false. I suppose if you believe the lie then, pay for it and lose later. Personally, I would expect companies to be more ethical during these times but, it appears money is more important than honesty. Like mama said, "stupid is what stupid does"!

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

marketing = legalized consumer fraud
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@c*me*4*lefton*info wrote:
marketing = legalized consumer fraud

Wait, hold on!   Do you mean that huge, crowded, overpriced theme park is not The Happiest Place on Earth?   Are you saying that gas-guzzling pickup truck tearing through the fragile desert landscape is not The Heartbeat of America?   Are you suggesting that massive amalagamation of insurance and finance compaines is not Like a Good Neighbor?   Are you telling me that when I pop the little aluminum tab on that sugar-laden, tooth-rotting soft drink that I am not about to Open Happiness!   And, and...  Are you hinting that people know these aren't my real eyelashes and this isn't my real hair color?!

Oh, say it ain't so!    😄

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I would not even hint at such a thing as you mention. But I know for a fact the greatly enlarged food items shown on millions of packages of food ARE NOT there to show texture. 🙂
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Also almond milk is not a dairy product, most powdered "lemon flavored" products contain no lemon, and if some food item says creamy on the label chances are very slim (virtually zero) it contains any cream. And on and on and on....

Good thing the US has no truth in advertising laws that are enforced or enforcable. 😉
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Oh, and I suppose you're one of those nit-pickers who has a problem with the little bitty differences between the picture on the menu board and the food you're actually served...      😃

McDonalds-Ad-vs-The-Real-Thing-940x429.jpg

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

In response to your question, "am I disappointed?'...YES I AM. I am disappointed in the fact NGC & PCGS have used and exploited this pandemic to gain exposure and wealth as they benefit from this hoax too. I am an accountant and disdained many other accountant and CPAs that were charging people to assist filling out SBA loan papers or the Payroll Protection Program to help their companies or their workers. Profiting during this time is deplorable, disgusting and pure garbage tactics for even bottom-feeders. So, am I disappointed, yes...at the conceited actions and lies they started and profit from. Real sad.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

No, I do not expect a response from NGC or PCGS as I am aware they don't care. I do hope others realize they don't care and understand they have little ethics during this pandemic and with other coins prior and in the future. That said, reputation is key so, should theirs be tarnished by this and respect is diminished, so be it. They will always be used for Grading but, if your respect and loyalty level is lower in time, is that better or worse? Perhaps this is why CAC and MAC have become popular because additional verification of NGC & PCGS was possibly required now. Oh well.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I see your last two posts are directed to myself. In case you think I'm ignoring them, I'm not. I just don't know enough about the topic to make any informed comment.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply