cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a book

tangochaser-1
Adventurer

Hi I have a book to Hell and Back by Audi Murphy copyright 1949 there is no 1st, 2nd, etc. edition under it.  I have  called at least 3 book store's and they were not able to help.  I looked on line and got no help there.  My book has orange writing on the dust jacket and red on the top of the pages with white on the other two sides. I will list the book after I get more info.   Thanks everyone.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

a book

What is your question?

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

a book

You can view a photo of the copyright page (image 4) of a U.S. first edition / stated first printing here:

https://www.burnsiderarebooks.com/pages/books/140941986/audie-murphy/to-hell-and-back

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

a book

Hi my book has no addition nothing written under the copyright 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

a book

tangochaser-1
Adventurer

Hi my book  nothing under the copyright.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

a book

Did you view the image of the copyright page? Does the copyright page of your book state FIRST PRINTING under the copyright date?

If not, your book could be a later printing or possibly a book club edition (unstated).

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

a book

do you know what edition I have?

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

a book

Then your book is not a first printing.  Your book might be a later printing (unstated) of the first edition, a later edition (unstated), or a book club edition (unstated). If there are any antiquarian book dealers or book fairs in your area I suggest you have a knowledgeable dealer / expert examine your book.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

a book

Unfortunately I do not have enough information to make that determination.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

a book

Is there a dust jacket?

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

a book

Yes 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

a book

It sounds like a book club edition.   See if you can find it that way.

=

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

a book

@tangochaser-1 wrote:

Hi I have a book to Hell and Back by Audi Murphy copyright 1949 there is no 1st, 2nd, etc. edition under it.  I have  called at least 3 book store's and they were not able to help.  I looked on line and got no help there.  My book has orange writing on the dust jacket and red on the top of the pages with white on the other two sides. I will list the book after I get more info.   Thanks everyone.

Think you could show some photos? 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

a book

No thank you very much I will try that

Message 14 of 14
latest reply