cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The best offer pay now if accept for bulk buys-Awful!

As a person who has been on here for almost 25 years buying and selling, this feature is awful. If I as a seller want to sell in the sports card space, I have to charge each buyer shipping for each card or refund and lose money due to the $.30 cent add on for each currency transaction. Not only have my bulk purchases gone down by 75% my sales are down 50% or myself. I understand for some things but when things are bulk items like coins or sports cards etc., Ebay is missing the game here. Yes, they get revenue per transaction, but less sales results in lower fees to the seller thus Ebay doesn't get any revenue if I don't buy. I have never been so frustrated.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@raffieleo  The require buyer to pay for best offers and supply a payment method for auctions is auto checked by eBay in account settings and sellers are not aware of this.

I would recommend asking a seller before buying if they are aware of the settings and if they would consider turning it off so you can combine shipping, if they offer combined shipping.

The setting is at the bottom of this page: 

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

The boxes need to be unchecked if you don't want them to apply to your listings.  

I personally unchecked them since  I want to offer combined shipping and do not have a problem with non paying buyers.     I think this is a good feature though, especially for sellers of higher priced items.

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

As a seller, you have the option to turn it off if you want to.

Have a great day.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I agree for high ticket items but a 1.00 baseball card or 10.00 is awful. I don't have an issue with non payers and can just cancel if needed to get refunded to relist but 99% of sellers do not know about this feature, so it stinks. It started as an opt in for buyers if they chose too. I have it unchecked as well. I get too many complaints these days. Thanks for the input.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply