cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get eBay access to Logistics API ( How to Purchase postage labels through eBay API)

I am trying to determine how to purchase postage through an eBay API.

I have a .NET application that  uses the eBay trading API which photographs and lists items to my store. Now I would like to try to purchase and print shipping labels through my Windows .NET application as well.

My research lead me to find that I would need to get the Logistics API or this:

https://developer.ebay.com/api-docs/sell/logistics/overview.html

"Important! The use of the Logistics API is currently restricted to only the partners who have been white-listed to use the API. To sign up for the Logistics API, visit:

File a Support Ticket

In addition, sellers must set up a payment method via their eBay account before they can use the methods in this API to create a shipment and the associated shipping label."

When I clicked the link it leads me to a support page for premium support at a cost of $75/hour.  My question is, do I need to pay to contact premium support to sign up for the Logistics API?  Can I sign up for this any other way without having to pay?

I am also open to another way to purchase/download shipping labels to my .NET application if there are any other suggestions. The vast majority of my shipments are eBay Standard Tracked Envelope so I need to use the eBay API to do this. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

How to get eBay access to Logistics API ( How to Purchase postage labels through eBay API)

Hi @3dd_trading 

eBay's customer service is entirely separate from eBay's developer staff, so going this path won't lead anywhere fruitful. You might ask your question on the Seller forum, although I'm not sure if there are fellow developers who frequent that forum. And if you did post there, someone is likely to ask that your post be moved to the API forum (where you have already posted) unless you specifically request otherwise.

As to your bulk label request, you should be able to collect enough information from the getOrders details to generate your own packing/pick lists for the day's shipments, and it would probably do a better job than eBay's generalized packing lists because you can add your own fields, like tracking number. However, it won't alleviate the issue of matching up the labels. I can only suggest there must be some way to use the same ordering for both for easy cross-checking.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If you don't get a reply re using the ebay API to print your labels, why not just go to    Seller Hub > Orders > Awaiting shipments

That's how most of us print out shipping labels.  You can also use the bulk shipping to print more than 1 label at a time.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

The reasoning is because I would like to print bulk labels like what you described, however I would like the packing slip to be printed after the corresponding label (ex label 1, packing slip 1, label 2, packing slip 2, etc) and I don't believe that is currently doable in the ebay browser. (It would also be nice to do in my own software so I can customizer other aspects as needed)

We can sometimes get 50+ order a day and as you can imagine it can get confusing if packing slip is printed separate.

If there is a way to print packing slip + label in bulk I'd be more than willing to try that.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I’m going to tag @shipscript , they know more about computer related issues than most of us.

GloryBells  • 
eBay Mentor Since 2008

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi @3dd_trading 

eBay's customer service is entirely separate from eBay's developer staff, so going this path won't lead anywhere fruitful. You might ask your question on the Seller forum, although I'm not sure if there are fellow developers who frequent that forum. And if you did post there, someone is likely to ask that your post be moved to the API forum (where you have already posted) unless you specifically request otherwise.

As to your bulk label request, you should be able to collect enough information from the getOrders details to generate your own packing/pick lists for the day's shipments, and it would probably do a better job than eBay's generalized packing lists because you can add your own fields, like tracking number. However, it won't alleviate the issue of matching up the labels. I can only suggest there must be some way to use the same ordering for both for easy cross-checking.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply