cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resell

Here's someone selling off their collection. See if you're in it. I recognize a few pieces. They had a pretty good eye. http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZnewtonvilleart -- Edited by mreas at 09/08/2007 7:41 AM

"All black and white, nice." ~ golders
Message 1 of 121
latest reply
120 REPLIES 120

Resell

They'd probably be more successful if had they used the artist's name in the title and had some better photos of the work.

Message 2 of 121
latest reply

Resell

It's also another illustration of why you should have your full name on your work.

Message 3 of 121
latest reply

Resell

I will also take this opportunity to discourage you from buying used art. When you buy used art you are just buying someone else's problems. You should always by NEW art, preferably with witches or mounties in it, with that new art waranty and that new art smell.

Message 4 of 121
latest reply

Resell

Actually, I want to just make sure that some original artist DNA is stil on the card -- in case I need to do some cloning. I would HATE to accidently clone a plain ole art-lover.;-) Jana --
~jana
Message 5 of 121
latest reply

Resell

Don't waste your time cloning artists. The world has enough of them. It needs more art lovers.

Message 6 of 121
latest reply

Resell

With my luck, I would only clone those who love the "painter of light"!!! --
~jana
Message 7 of 121
latest reply

Resell

poozybear*art
Enthusiast
I saw this person earlier in the week, and they had no bids on anything, but it looks like they now have quite a few of them sold. I did get a chuckle out of their explanation of having to sell them off due to accumulating too many. ACEOs don't exactly take up a lot of closet space, or did they buy 50,000 of them?
Message 8 of 121
latest reply

Resell

poozybear*art
Enthusiast
That person doesn't have any of mine, maybe because my art looks like it was done by the "Painter of Fright."
Message 9 of 121
latest reply

Resell

spastickatart
Enthusiast
How odd. glue residue, scrapes on back of cards, unknown artists, pricing all over the map....probably has run into some financial problems. I can understand that. But not a person who really understands preservation or presentation. Too bad. Falcon
Message 10 of 121
latest reply

Resell

Boy, really a good reminder to put a full signature on the back. Out of the tome of details I put on the backs of my cards, however, the ONE thing even I can't make out, oftentimes, is my signature. At best, it looks like "Cristie Talon." ~Cristie -- "If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other." ~ Mother Theresa
Message 11 of 121
latest reply

Resell

"Cristie Talon" - sounds like an action figure - cool! The seller doesn't realize they shouldn't be listed as SRA either. I'm actually tempted to bid on the batik puppies - they're kinda cute. Maybe I'll just watch ;) -- -Ann "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!" - Homer Simpson
-Ann

"I have got pepperoni. Wherever it lands, that's where the miracle will happen." ~ Gary Busey
Message 12 of 121
latest reply

Resell

Used to have a kid named Talyn.

Message 13 of 121
latest reply

Resell

poozybear*art
Enthusiast
I bought an ACEO last week from a fairly new seller and was thrilled to see that the artist had written a ton of information on the back. I emailed her and thanked her, because I was recently going through my collection, and realized that I have NO idea who most of my ACEOs came from (except for the ones I've bought from fellow artists on this board). Anyway, this artist was blown away by my comment, and said that she thought most people just initialed or signed their cards, and that she was afraid she had written too much. I'm glad I emailed her, because more people should be doing that. Looking back, I now wish that I had saved the auction listings for some of these cards, because I'm now completely clueless as to who the artists are. Anyway, I guess my long-winded point is that this re-seller probably doesn't know the artist names for that same reason. I have many ACEOs that have nothing but initials on them. If I wanted to resell them, I wouldn't be able to offer any information about the item at all.
Message 14 of 121
latest reply

Resell

Ooh, and signed in pencil--I'm selling some work for one of my aunts, and I'm paranoid about handling it, because she lightly signed her name in pencil on the back. It's already almost gone. -- "If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other." ~ Mother Theresa
Message 15 of 121
latest reply