cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm Going to Wear Suspenders

My pants have been falling down lately. A belt just isn't doing the trick. I'm mad as heck and I'm not going to take it anymore. I think I'm going to wear suspenders. Now I know from watching Benny Hill reruns that suspenders means something else "across the pond" but I'm talking about what some might call "braces," elastic straps that are going to keep my pants from falling down. Mick

"All black and white, nice." ~ golders
Message 1 of 22,626
latest reply
22,625 REPLIES 22,625

As a sign of solidarity for Mick, I think the rest of us should volunteer to do something similar. I'm putting on a garter belt right now (over my biking shorts). We're all gonna look like we're going to a screening of Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Message 2 of 22,626
latest reply

Well, I just caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and rather than looking like a hipster on his way to a midnight screening I look like a codger wearing suspenders. A closer look reveals it's time for another ear hair trim. But at least my pants are up. Maybe some vintage Mork and Mindy rainbow suspenders will freshen the look, ya think? mick

Message 3 of 22,626
latest reply

Hmmm, I think duct tape would do nicely...just wad some up, stick it in yer ear and pull. Would work for holding up yer pants as well...it's just the all-around, good for so many things kinda tape!
♥Cherie♥
Google me: Cherie's Art
Message 4 of 22,626
latest reply

The Mork look is good, but I think I see it more as Jethro from Beverly Hillbillies. No wait, I think he wore a rope belt and flood pants. Sorry.
Message 5 of 22,626
latest reply

I'm just gonna go down to the Wal*Mart and get me some slippers to complete the codger ensemble. I won't even take them in the box. I'll just wear them home. Maybe I'll stop in and visit all those nice folks with their RV's parked in the Wal*Mart lot. Most of them appear to have satellite TV. It 's the american dream. Sell your house, get some suspenders, buy a motorhome and drive it from Wal*Mart to Wal*Mart. Mick

Message 6 of 22,626
latest reply

golders
Enthusiast
Not having suspenders or a garter belt I am standing up in solidarity with Mick by standing up. I found some old twine from the emu pen and threaded it thru my belt loops. The bloodthirsty dog thinks we are playing dress-up like on halloween and has run to get his Snow White costume (the boy dog costumes were all gone when we finally got to town last year).
How are things on the farm? Well no one is bleeding and everyone's fed.
Message 7 of 22,626
latest reply

I keep thinking up lovely silk brocade vests for our cats to wear, but for some reason they want nothing to do with the idea.
Message 8 of 22,626
latest reply

How humiliating for a killer 3 legged dog. He's probably got "issues" now. I hope you at least let the bloodthirsty dog wear the plastic Snow White mask with the eyeholes too small to see traffic through. Making halloween safe took all the fun out of it. By the way golders, it just occurred to me that I painted that mermountie while in a remote location and the card probably wasn't trimmed square and was maybe 1/8 inch too long when I sent it. So PLEEEZE don't leave me negative feedback, just your web address or anti-gun control sentiment will do. mick

Message 9 of 22,626
latest reply

Speaking of safety issues, I found a game of Jarts (the notorious lawn darts that have now been outlawed) in the garage. We're going to have a party in a couple of weeks, weather permitting, and my hubby wants to organize a tournament. Imho, alcohol + lawn darts = trouble. I'm going to wear a helmet just in case.
Message 10 of 22,626
latest reply

golders
Enthusiast
I would never leave negative fb for that! Maybe my web address though..... I got the Belly Punker in the mail yesterday and laughed out loud. I'm going to tack them up together right next to the pic of Queen Elizabeth, my idol.
How are things on the farm? Well no one is bleeding and everyone's fed.
Message 11 of 22,626
latest reply

Well, ah use saf'ty pins to keep my leggin's up! Cheaper than them thar suspenders. Jest pin 'em directly to the your longjohns. That thar stretch fabreek thar made from works real good in stretching with them pins as you move. Gives ya real freedom of movement withou' having to worry 'bout your pants fallin' down. Oh, and ah found keepin' a colander on your head works real good at keepin' them thar aliens away!
. . .

If you go with the flow you'll either get washed out to sea or be dammed.
Message 12 of 22,626
latest reply

When I was a kid we parked an ancient tiny camping trailer at a lake for the summer. We had Jarts. Amazing how easily they pierced the metal skin of that trailer. It ended up looking like it had been in a gang war. One of my first ebay tasks back in '99 was to find Jarts for my sister who was trying to recapture the magic with her children. A simple foil hat works for me. Leaves the colander free for rinsing out dainties. mick

Message 13 of 22,626
latest reply

ciciartist
Enthusiast
mick DO NOT wear the susspender with the SLIPPERS!
Message 14 of 22,626
latest reply

Ah had a foil hat but mah wife kept takin' it to make new shoes wit'. Tole her if that's way she was agonna be then I would jest help mahself to the colander. But you best be aware- they don't work so good in the rain. Lightnin' ruther ruff on 'em too.
. . .

If you go with the flow you'll either get washed out to sea or be dammed.
Message 15 of 22,626
latest reply